Broken shard due to golden egg

Broken egg caused the shard to break as it constantly fell into the floor after a wipe and we couldn’t grab it at all. These are bugs that I noticed. Am requesting a new shard due to these bugs. In game name Zanros

2 Likes

Was a level 15 sewer. It seems that shard pain wiping the group breaks the egg

We’re doing a super long recording session to show the devs the issues but atm 15 is kind of unplayable atm due to all the different bugs and glitches Golden egg is causing

If you die to anything other than the egg it breaks the egg

yeahhhh was great, a lot of running, dying and trying to pick up the egg… or even find it again :rofl: im NOT doing any Shard again this Week…

3 Likes

So I am guessing they made the egg not kill you when you are not in combat, right? Which is why this bug is here now.

Before if you would wipe without golden egg, the egg would just kill everyone again 5 seconds later. Which was a bug on itself. But now you need to be in combat before it continues ticking so it f’s up the group alot more. Am I understanding this right?

(also the snap to body makes the egg ungrabbable probably when dying, or crashing game with it?)

Yes exactly
Well it doesnt matter if you snap it to your body or just hold itself

I’m betting they set it to switch state from grabable to not grabable on exploding, and then not having it reset, making it grabable every other explosion.

1 Like

Looking at the video, it doesn’t look like that, because it only breaks from dying while the Golden Egg is not exploding itself (or player with the egg in the hand crashing) it feels like you can’t grab it from another player who is wearing it, but when you die the body de-touches (maybe?) into a new body, so no-one can grab it, even the player who should be able to grab it.

And then the egg finally exploding resets this state of remembering anyone holding the egg. So you can grab it again.

Well yeah, it’s also shared pain so mostly a wipe as soon as one dies, and then that egg is broken and can’t touched again

I do, but lower ones without Golden Egg. Well if we find a group, but we likely won’t.

I’m really furious slowly, seeing a mechanics implemented which only a fraction of players ‘enjoy’ and on the other hand prevents a majority from playing, or at best ruins their progress.
Also, how can something like this even happen? Was it never tested, with least couple runs of a normal group, on the dev server?
We had shards break due to bugs just like that first time it was introduced. One of our very first and only 13s went down the drain without anyone even getting the hard-earned +5 gear drop, back then. But this was not that bad, we just paused high shards for the week, leveled the lower stuff we had and plenty needed gear from these still, anyway.
At the current point most come on to do 15s. So now we have no content, for a whole week.

And sorry, even IF all this would be fixed there’s still a number of people who refuse to risk their high lvl shards for this; or who simply don’t enjoy passing a ball around instead of playing their class, who don’t join groups to do this minigame.
I’m not against the mechanics or fooling around with it, but it should be an optional mode, for any shard and not force those who don’t enjoy it into a pause for an entire week. Or pause alltogether since this is always a welcome opportunity to switch to other games. With all the problems we got already to fill groups in our timezone this really tops it off. Utterly stupid.

Yeah I mean I also mostly do the T15 shard at reset, but with this is it not possible to play.
I kinda like the egg, it’s funny to have a ball throwing around for a week here and there, it’s just something different to do. But not when it’s Soooo broken :joy:

1 Like

Hi, we’ve disabled the Golden Egg mutation again, and we apologize for the frustration, we definitely cannot keep the mutation in this state.

9 Likes

I wanted to test it out :frowning: but I am happy it is gone for now at the same time too xD

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.