Bug with MSQ : Ghoul quest done but faction hero not updated

Hello,

My player id is KurokoNoBaka.
I did the ghoul quest (Killing the ghoul in the third dongeon and finding the item to give it to the ghoul with a name at the desert area) but the MSQ Faction Hero didn’t registered it as done.
The last MSQ for Faction Hero did’nt trigger and now I cannot start the last Story quest which came out recently.

Can you help me ?

Regards,

KurokoNoBaka.

It sounds like there might be two quests your talking about here. One side quest you speak with a Obnobi Bedouin scout near the cave with many doors, and get the quest to enter the desert dungeon and kill ghouls and retrive the Ritual book (this is the “Ghouls” quest that is needed for the faction hero questline), The other quest involves speaking with Tinny in her cave then tracking down the named Ghoul Iblis near the Oasis in the desert and solving his riddle by bringing to him an actual object from the game world. (this is the “Tinny’s Prophecy” for the faction hero).

Have you completed both of those then I can check and see what is going on with your quest flags if its not updating, if not just turn those in and you should be good.

Hello,

thank you for your reply.
Yes, I did finish those two quests. They are not in my quest book anymore. They just aren’t checked on the factin hero tasks list.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

KurokoNoBaka.

Just following up to see if this was ever resolved, if not let me know and I can dive deeper.

Hello,

Sorry I couldn’t reply faster, I was away from home for work.
I finally get to test but there’s no change in my quest list.
Ghouls still isn’t marked as done but the quest is not in my quest book anymore.

Regards,

KurokoNoBaka.

Hello,

The quest “Ghouls” still isn’t checked as done in the MSQ Faction Hero.
Last night I did the 3rd dongeon again, hoping it will resolved the issue but it didn’t.
Anything I can do to start the newly added content ?

Regards,

KurokoNoBaka.

I haven’t seen you confirm that you did pick up the giant book at the altar in the dungeon (The altar of the dungeon where the Ghouls are). The “Ritual book” were Robert talked about. Did you do that when you retried the dungeon?

Also which other quests are you missing thus far from “Faction Hero”?

Sorry I didn’t read well enough ^^
Yes I did pick up the book the first time and yesterday night too.
The only other quest not checked in MSQ Faction Hero is Chudkatet (not sure how it is written). But my friends told me it will start if “Ghouls” is done.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

KurokoNoBaka.

K you are most likely stuck and a dev has to look at your data. But I can think about two more things you might try before having no other option left than wait:

• Go back to the girl in the cave of the desert where you got the “Ghouls” quest from and wave at her. Even if she doesn’t show a quest icon. (the cave with all the doors)
  • Go to Helga at the Lamafora Frontier and check if you can get the Chudkated quest from here. Also try the waving when no icon present. But first check if you already got a normal quest from Helga instead of a main quest. Do that one first.

And if you want to be 100% sure not another quest is blocking your progress (very unlikely, except for the Helga quests), than try finishing all the normal quests you still got left in your book BEFORE doing the actions I told above.

Ok thank you.

I will do that but I already did the normal quest from Helga et the others normal quest in my quest book are buying house, killing corrupted monster or catching fish.
I’ll still try to go talk to Helga and the cave girl :slight_smile:

Regards,

KurokoNoBaka.

We fixed it as long as you were logged out, let me know if it worked if not well have to coordinate and make sure you are offline when fixing it.

Hello,

Thank you for what you did.
It worked ! I went to Helga and got the Chudkatet quest.

Thank you for all you did with this amazing game !

Regards,

KurokoNoBaka.

1 Like

glad it worked, sorry for the long, long wait time on that. Thanks for the kind words and glad you are enjoying the game.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.