Can’t hear other players

I can’t hear any other players in game and they can’t hear me. Other orbus audio works fine. I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix it.
I’ve restarted the game, and my headset. I tried my throwaway character and it was still broken. Tried world mute. Tried messing with my audio settings. Checked game permissions. Re-downloaded the game.
I’m playing on a Quest 2.
If anyone has any ideas please say.

For other people not hearing you, do you have push-to-talk enabled in the orbus settings? For you not hearing other people, make sure you have voices turned up in the orbus settings. If those dont work then im stumped.

I would point you here:

Push to talk is not turned on, players voices are as high as it can go and I’m still not hearing anyone. Thanks for the ideas though.

I already read through that post, he redownloaded the game and that seemed to fix it for him.

Yeah… but an important detail was that he enabled microphone permissions.
I am not sure how quest handles those permissions, but you may be able to just change them without reinstalling.

I hope it works out and Good Luck!!

I checked the permissions before I did the redownload. The mic permissions were enabled and I didn’t see anything that should prevent me from hearing people. Thank you for trying I appreciate it!

1 Like

Try holding both menu buttons (B, usually) for about ten seconds. It’s the emergency mute. It may have accidently gone off.

I tried emergency mute twice to be sure, had no luck with it.

It turned out to be an oculus issue for anyone having similar issues, I had to factory reset my headset to fix it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.