Can the devs confirm Golden Egg is back in the rotation?

Depends on how much healing you’re getting. Think of it like a single target hot foot.

Sounds fun
Does anything affect it like infection (or whatever thing make dot ticks longer)?

Probably, but wasn’t affix for long enough to test.

15s are getting boring
This would make them so much more fun

I personally despise golden egg.
its not fun. just annoying

but to each their own I suppose

1 Like

I’m going to steal this thread now

I always found the enforced caps on damage annoying.

Having poison orb and arrow heavily nerfed, sucked.

Loosing the ability to crit on a charged piercing made weeks of practice and experimenting to control critical hits useless.

Having arcane blast and affliction spread nerfed to the ground was sad.

Adding a hardcap to triplicity killed the game for many.

Yet I was one of the pushing forces for all of these. But I pushed them for the sake of PVP
Ranger could oneshot in pvp, poison was way to deadly, arcane blast affliction spread could nuke a party in seconds without landing a propper hit, and triplicity forced me to fight mages blind as my frames dropped as soon as they started casting spells.

What needs nefing in pvp now is the palladins hammer toss function. The ability to escape always is more or less unbeatable.

Sadly the problem is that anything removed in PVP is also removed in PVE.

Rangers lost a major source of dps, and mages lost a lot of the diversity in casting, and nerfing the paladin hammer would make kiting really hard.

I would describe mage right now as ranger used to be, fire 4 arrows per sec as consistently as possible to max your damage, finding that one sweet spot consistently to be able to pull it of was a lot of work. Except swap arrowes with fireball 2, and the sweetspot with the perfect D.

Lets be fair, It needs some more balancing to encourage a diverse casting rather then a min movement spell spam.

Edit: to my defense, this was related to my topic name when i posted it

1 Like

Are you talking about First Strike here? Because in normal PvE you will still be able to crit your charged piercing which will still 1.5x (1.61x) your damage of that shot. As long as we are not talking about the First Strike shot.

If you are talking about Charged Strikes, then that works too. Only reason it won’t work (half your charged shots) is that the DoT damage of your poison ticks steals the crit on the 9th hit before your charged piercing can do. Which is a bug astragt and I begged about them fixing for over a year.

To get back on topic, we added in Golden Egg back on Tuesday - I don’t have the full list of changes, but we took a lot of the criticism and fixed some bugginess that people had reported.

On top of that, we added a major mechanic change which I think will fix people’s biggest issue with it, which is that once you grab it, you can press the trigger to lock it to your body (wherever you so choose with your hand) so you can still use both hands.

Then when it comes time to pass it off you simply grab it as normal and throw it out.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.