Character Item Relocation

After receiving your feedback from the previous shaman totem relocation thread we went back and gave the idea another go. Here’s a video highlighting the new method of item relocation.

There is a new general setting that will allow you to toggle these relocation anchors (the little blue orb above the shaman totems) on or off. When they’re enabled the anchors will appear and you can relocate the totems to a position of your choosing and they will load in at that position until you decide to move them again. By pressing the trigger while holding the anchor it will reset to the default position when it is ungripped. When the anchors are disabled the items you’ve relocated will remain in the position you chose, but they cannot be moved so you don’t have to worry about accidentally moving your totems around in the heat of combat.

We’ve also applied these anchors to the paladin librams to start out, but our hope is that we will be able to roll them out to an assortment of class items and possibly even player tools and the compass in the future.

12 Likes

Does the location persist on restart of the game?

Yes. It’s stored as a player setting and gets loaded in like all the others.

3 Likes

Please do this for the bard too. This is exactly what it needs.

4 Likes

is this in with the latest patch?

No, ideally it will go out sometime tomorrow.

Can we also move the compass? :joy:

Remove* :joy:

2 Likes

This would greatly help with not getting smacked in the face by bolts you couldn’t see because the xylomarimba was in the way

2 Likes

I really like this, the more customising the better. I can see most classes enjoying this QoL. I would love to see this for every class and even just tools/things on the body.

In terms of Shaman specifically, I can’t be certain how great this will be without testing it myself in game. I think moving the totems to the side might be nice but means constantly reaching over to where ever, or it can go just slightly above where totems will be placed just to stop the accidental grabbing that happens currently but if that means its really high up it might not be the best solution.

Definitely great work here though, good job Damage!

Removal is unnecessary, just move it to your rear end. Then you can wipe for directions.

1 Like

But in all seriousness, this looks like a great change! Can’t wait to try it out

1 Like

This is really interesting, will be fun to play with

We’re talking internally about basically letting you move most of the stuff on your body, yeah. So you could move your compass, your tool slots, etc. In addition to class-specific items like the marimba, librams, arrows, etc.

8 Likes

yes, I need to move my compass.
i want to be able to see when I angle my head down

I love it! Especially if/when we can move tools too. Everything has felt a little high since reborn released and this is the perfect fix!

1 Like

although i see alot of cases of people accidentally moving their stuff

When the relocation anchor settings option is disabled you can no longer move your items. So I think the scenario would be go to settings -> enable -> put items where you want them -> disable. Then your items will be where you want without having to worry about accidentally moving them.

5 Likes

oh, yeah I get it
thats pretty good

I’d strongly advise a ‘reset to default’ butt saver button too :wink:

5 Likes