Cigar Merchant ending

Has anyone been able to complete the cigar merchant quest line from the new update? I tried for about an hour last night (haven’t given up). I have asked a few people and no one has been able to figure out how to complete it.

Not looking for spoilers, I am only looking for confirmation that it has been/can be completed.

1 Like

What’s the name of the quest?

hmmm I think it is “Final Print”? The one that has been there for a long time about getting the gossip for Glenn.

It still behaves like it did before the update. This could be user error on my behalf and perhaps I have not figured out how to trigger the new actions. I have talked to Chef and he still says “we need to get Glenn to print the story” I talk to Glenn and he still says “oh what is this? my readers aren’t interested in that, i need gossip”.

There is a new (I think its new) Cigar Merchant book on the desk there in Glenns office with chapters IV and V in it.

I looked around Highsteppe trying to talk to NPC’s, I went over to flooded rainforest and explored prob 70% of it looking for something to trigger an action in the quest, I went into demons cave/guild city (Ernest Trimm connection there) I did not go towards the bosses but instead took the back road to Highsteppe from NMGC and did not see anything there. I looped back around through highsteppe looking for an NPC that I could talk to and then I had to get off for the night, didn’t have much time.

You know now that I think about it, I don’t recall seeing the game update. I wonder if it is possible that the update did not force itself and I am running a pre-update version? Not at home to look at the moment.

I got the update and im going through the same thing

You wouldn’t be able to login with an outdated version. Just double checking a couple of things to see what’s going on

2 Likes

Jakee do you know by any chance who on the dev team made the new/last chapters of the cigar merchant

Think we found an issue with that part of the quest and pushed up a fix which won’t get applied until a new shard gets spun up so sometime later this evening you should be able to continue.

@stone_r I believe it was a collective idea. If you have any questions about it you can ask here on the forums though :slight_smile:

1 Like

1st off I will like to say you guys are all my new best friends with the book
2nd I do have a question I am dying to know but it’s not cigar merchant related which I hope is alright :sweat_smile:
I was wondering if the bosses in the citadel raid were all the scholars of Nodenghast since the book says their are 4 scholars and their are 4 raid bosses and if they are not a scholar is sephotep at least one since he had made the deal with her

1 Like

I have talked to a few people and have not found anyone who has completed the quest for gossip.

We have all got the new quest, and we have the dirt on Kaia and Chef, but have not been able to find anyone else to talk to or clues to find?

Again, not looking for spoilers. Just want to make sure that it is possible.

I have not completed the summer quest yet, perhaps that is a prerequisite.

I noticed an issue with this and pushed out a fix just now but it won’t be applied right away. I’ll update here once I know the fix is in effect.

Update: The fix should be in now you should be able to progress the quest

3 Likes

It worked, appreciate the effort :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.