Client & Server Patch 8/17 - Shaman Orb Fix, Other Improvements

Hey everyone, we’ve been continuing our investigation of class mechanic bugs and with that, now have a promising fix going out on Tuesday the 17th at Noon CST for the longstanding shaman orb not respawning bug, along with some other fixes and community requested improvements.

Patch Notes:

• Shaman orbs should now always respawn
  • Increased the respawn timer for the adds near Boss 4 in the Citadel Hard mode to 5 hours, from 1 hour
  • Increased tenfold the health of one of the training dummies in the player house
  • Fixed the position of the Citadel Hard Mode bow
  • Fixed the position of the Citadel Hard Mode musket

Please try out the Shaman and let us know if you experience the orbs not respawning after this update. We’ve done a lot of testing and it appears to work fine, but the environment is always different in large groups of players. Thanks!

18 Likes

there seems to be a lack of lore in this update… never mind there is lore!! obviously what the devs are trying to tell us is that the shaman orbs breaking at random times wasn’t a bug but an intentional feature because the shaman mask would of had to be new technology and because sephotep destroyed guild city the finalized version of the mask wouldn’t of been finished and we would of been left with the prototype that wasn’t always reliable but now that markos is saved and the threat of sephotep and nodenghast is no more (hopefully) we have resumed progress on perfecting it.
don’t believe me? think about it they said they fixed it in the past but we all know the fix didnt work it was almost as if nothing has changed, almost as if they did fix it but then remembered that we havent saved markos yet so they quickly reverted it.
and the reason they called it a bug is because they knew if they called it a feature people would demand to change it immediately so they acted like it was a mistake.

7 Likes

So excited for Shaman fix!!!

2 Likes

this dude is matpat of orbus

2 Likes

Happy to see the classes are getting fixed. Good work devs.

Patch is now live!

Seems to work fine so far everything is spawning correctly, although the respawn times seem off. Could just be me though. I drop stun then fire then lightning and if i don’t delay the drop enough lightning will spawn before fire, fire before stun etc.

Out of curiosity, was there some kind of check implemented so that if the orb didn’t spawn, it forces it in? I’ve had a few weird timings as well, including lightning not instantly respawning after the first throw, but still coming back after a small delay.

3 Likes

Essentially yes. This kind of acts as a last resort for in case for some reason the message to respawn an orb is missed which can throw off some timing here for the lightning orb if you have the Strikes Twice talent enabled.

4 Likes

Yeah the timing is a bit odd, but I haven’t had any totems not spawn orbs, which is a vast improvement!

1 Like

This update fixed the spawn issue but broke the orbs. If you’re holding a orb when the orb respawns it resets the orb that’s in your hand and then gets attached to your hand but fixed at the distance that the totem is at.

@Dr5d0s Perhaps the orbs of the shaman become too powerful to wield that only the strongest (Rupert) can control orbs for a long period of time. :thinking:

We should have a fix for this in the next patch thanks for letting us know!

10 Likes

@stone_r LORE!!

2 Likes

That’s what I was about to say!!

2 Likes

I love that the orbs now always spawn (albeit with odd timings) but one oddity I’ve noticed since the bug fix release is that sometimes when I grab my orbs to pitch them (I throw for distance in some cases) the orb is set a good distance from my hand rather that in it (it floats out a ways from my hand but moves as though my hand is controlling it). That makes throwing very difficult and frequently riles other monsters besides the ones i’m actually fighting (because when I throw or release the weirdly placed orb it goes where I didn’t intend).

This shows what I mean (it’s weird to describe) https://youtu.be/_lsuuFp6_S8

edit: I think this is the same issue as Dr5d0s described

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.