Closed Alpha Test 3

Hey everyone,

Closed Alpha Test 3 begins tomorrow morning bright and early! Here’s everything you need to know:

Preview Blog Posts

There are actually 3 blog posts for this Alpha test, be sure to check them all out if you want all the info:

Warrior Preview Blog
Musketeer Preview Blog
Alpha Announcement Blog w/ Lure Crafting Preview

Alpha Client Download

We updated the patcher for this Alpha test, so please be sure to download the new launcher from here:

https://community.orbusvr.com/t/alpha-game-client-download/1261/23

Once you’ve got the launcher up and running, it will automatically download the newest patch.

Feedback Thread

You can leave your feedback, bug reports, and other questions during the test in this thread:

Twitch Stream

For the first time, we’re going to be doing a little streaming during the test. Some of this will be us actually playing, and some of it will just be us leaving a camera in the game world as a sort of “webcam into the world of OrbusVR.” Either way, if you’re interested in the game and either stuck at work or not in the Alpha test yet, you can check it out to see what we’re all about:

The Dev Team will also be hanging out in the Twitch chat to answer questions when we can (assuming the server’s not on fire!)

See you in-game tomorrow!

1 Like

Well I was most excited for the Musketeer rework, but now I may spend the entire test hiding in my house making lures. I know you said this isn’t a full re-work so just to keep my expectations within reasonable bounds, is the lure crafting the only thing that changed? Or did you sneak in a couple different fish we can hunt for as well?

1 Like

I was just wondering if you’ve turned up the difficulty of the dungeon? With the tank doing more damage and easier to hold threat and manage the battle field. Teamed up with the musketeer’s reliable healing and damage, I’m thinking the dungeons may be too easy now.

The lure crafting is the only thing that’s changed. And then you can equip your lure to your fishing pole and marvel at your handiwork, haha. But the actual fishing part hasn’t changed at all currently. There’s still just the one fish.

I left it alone, because honestly I think where it’s at right now is pretty close to where I want it to be for the final game (since it is supposed to be a pretty easy first dungeon). But what I have been thinking of doing is setting up some sort of “hard mode” version of it. Obviously long-term there’s going to be more than one dungeon and all that, but I’m sure some of you are probably getting a little tired of running the same dungeon repeatedly, haha. So maybe I can see about putting in a harder version of it for the experts out there. I don’t think it would be too hard to do, basically just mix up the groups a little and maybe add an extra mechanic to each of the boss fights. We’ll see how much time I have to fiddle with stuff while the test is going on tomorrow.

4 Likes

A hard mode sounds like a great addition. However, if you don’t have the time to implement then don’t sweat it. I know you’ve been working your ass off. I say just take this next two days to play with everyone in game and enjoy the results of your hard work with the rest of us.
Thanks for all you do. See you in game. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

From a design point, Ideally you want the intro dungeons to be on the easier side. Tuning is fine, but this is likely going to be the first party experience for new players with defined roles.