Closed Alpha Test: April 20th

Hey everyone,

The first Closed Alpha test is almost upon us! Woohoo! As we prep for the test, you’ll start to see a flurry of activity from us on social media, the blog, etc. I thought I would make this thread the “central place” where you can keep up on everything we’re talking about. I’ll update this post as more is released and we approach the testing date.

Countdown

The test will officially begin Thursday, April 20th at Noon (12PM) US Central Time and last for 48 hours. Here’s a handy countdown clock:

Downloading the Game

Instructions on installing the game can be found here: Beta Game Client Download

Blog Post

There’s a new Blog Post out detailing the changes we made to the Warrior class and briefly introducing the new Player Housing feature:

Getting Started Guide

If it’s your first time playing the game, we’ve just created a Getting Started guid on the Wiki for you. Check it out:

https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Getting_Started

Special thanks to all of our Wiki contributors who helped move over so much content from our previous play guides already, that made this job go way faster!

Patch Notes

Did you join us for a previous Stress Test and want to know what’s changed? Well, wonder no longer:

https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Patch_Notes

We may keep adding more to this list as we approach the test, but that’s a good start :slight_smile:

Feedback Thread

7 Likes

SO EXCITED :grin: Quick question: will a World Boss be summonable in this test? I don’t know whether anyone managed to summon it during the last play test, but the last test’s guide at least mentions that it exists. The current “getting started” page doesn’t mention it, though… I’d like to try to figure out how to summon it this time, but it’d be good to know first whether it’s even possible. Thanks! :man_with_turban:

One of my lighthouses failed and the new one won’t be here in time for the closed-alpha. :sob:
I am going to try it with only one and front-facing only, is there an option for front-facing rotation.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Yes, front-facing setups are supported. From the Getting Started wiki page:

“If you’re using a front-facing (instead of 360-degree) setup, there’s a new option in the Player Menu under Settings called “Tracking Type.” Set that to Front Facing. Once you’ve done that, you can press the joystick left or right to turn.”

Yes, the World Boss is still summonable, but it is now Level 8+.

4 Likes

Ooohh, any cryptic hints as to how to summon it?

I don’t see an estimated duration ?

This first test = 48 hours.
Every test after = 24 hours.
At least that’s the current plan.

1 Like

Is the giant deer thing, or the piranha plant thing a world boss? Cause I was just walking down the road and there was this giant deer in the middle of a clearing, no idea how it got there.

The wiki says it’s a boss but I don’t think it’s a world boss. The plant is a summoned world boss.

The Deer Guardian is just an elite monster, not a full-on boss. They are still tough to tackle, though! :cold_sweat:

Riley said that the closed alphas will be around 48 hours and that open alpha will be 12-24. So you are half right!

Oh ok. Good to know! I must have read it wrong

Can anyone tell me how many and how often they plan to have alpha tests? I’m wanting to buy in but it may be after the first test before I can. If there will only be a few alpha tests then I’ll buy in for the betas. If there will be quite a few than I’ll splurge for the Alpha tests. Very excited for this game and very impressed with how it’s shaping up. Major kudos to the devs!

The testing schedule is as follows (closed alpha):

"Closed Alpha Testing

April 20th, 2017 (48 Hours)
May 5th, 2017
May 19th, 2017
June 2nd, 2017
June 16th, 2017
June 30th, 2017"

From https://blog.orbusvr.com/kickstarter-campaign-success-whats-next/

1 Like

Definitely worth the buy in. Thank you very much for the response. Here’s hoping I can manage the buy in before Thursday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the plant world boss summoning the same as the February test? . . Or is it one of the Grand mysteries for us to discover?

Yes it’s the same as the previous tests.

The download link for the launcher is now available. I’ve updated the original post with the link. Thanks!