Combat Balancing

The slow spell (Frostbolt) is needed for the Ice Lance combo, which does great damage and will instakill most solo mobs of the same level.

Iā€™m a mage and love having a warrior or musketeer to party with, I can kill things so much faster and at a higher level. Get a good 1.6x xp buff as well.

Sadly thatā€™s not true. Itā€™s not ā€œway fasterā€, because at some point you lack monsters to kill and sharing the XP.

In my experience the most efficient way is to solo while being in a group. While waiting for another guy to turn in his quest, I was able to make half a level at level 9 in half an hour, just quickly killing stuff at my level and piling up the XP chain bonus. Sure, itā€™s probably an exploit of the group mechanic, but even without the 40% XP bonus I would have been faster than to share the XP with my team mate.

In any case there should be a much higher XP reward for mobs that can only be killed with 3 or more people. It canā€™t be that I can get twice as much XP by casually soloing than doing an actual dungeon with a full group. The items are not reward enough, especially if I got a comparable item already. People will just prefer to solo-grind instead of doing a dungeon run. This will actually kill the game, if in the end it just revolves around solo grinding and people not being able to find groups to do actual fun stuff.

Yes, getting the XP chain bonus when youā€™re not actually killing things with the group members is a bug, so that is part of the issue.

But itā€™s also true that the XP for group content should be higher, Iā€™ll fix that in the next test.

We were talking about Forrest Golems. Iā€™m aware of the ghost AoE heal