Combat Logs in Reborn (and Code of Conduct Update)

Also if each enemy we are attacking could have an ID alongside it.

As I said that is already coming in the next build.

The info on the specific attack would require more work but it is on my long-term plan for the feature.

1 Like

I did not see that reply apologies. That would solve for my other concern too.

Thanks!

One more thing that could really benefit the plans I’ve got for Armory and the new piece of software would be to see what actually causes the damage. Right now we see that Monster X takes Y damage from player Z, but it would be great to see what caused that damage. Was it a fireball? A hurtful remark? That would give us access to a much deeper analysis as to what actually is worth doing and what isn’t

Edit: @Rickness_Voidwalker already meantioned that, whoops

3 Likes

Small concern about the monster IDs; it looks like not all monsters are logged with an ID, especially when they take damage. Dealing damage seems to be fine, as in when a monster deals damage to a player

21:16:14:805 [Combat] Barking Stafrusher took 3469 damage from GunDoneCheg (Critical)
21:16:14:936 [Combat] GunDoneCheg took 461 damage from Barking Stafrusher(6566)
21:16:15:951 [Combat] Barking Stafrusher took 1388 damage from GunDoneCheg
21:16:16:084 [Combat] Barking Stafrusher took 116 damage from GunDoneCheg
21:16:17:029 [Combat] Practicedummy(108) took 384 damage from Bambo

^ check row 1, no ID? but the same monster deals damage to him on the 2nd line and has an ID. But on the last line, someone is hitting a dummy, which does seem to have an ID even as the recipient of damage

Okay I’ll try and get that fixed.

1 Like

Just been checking the logs and testing shield from a muskie to see what it shows up as in the log and was testing on the dudes that explode when they die

No shield:

00:40:23:094 [Combat] Rickness took 4009 damage from Barking Stafrusher(26637)

With shield:

00:42:07:221 [Combat] Rickness took 2852 damage from Barking Stafrusher(26717)

Would it be possible to get blocked damage logged too? Warrior shield blocks would be good to see on there too if that could be added

Would be possible to add to the combat log when someone dies?

I just want to make this clear, this isn’t to shame people that die, this is to help make it clear on what happened, in some shards and raids we have had some deaths where there was a lot going on and it was hard to work out what exactly happened, if we can see it clearly in the log we can use that info to help avoid it in the future. Will be good to have this along side the specific attack info once you get around to that in the future

2 Likes

So what is the “<q=unmatched>” thing in the combat log? It seems to be all different type of things. It can attack, heal, get attacked, it shows up with other players, it shows up all different type of fights. It does seem to be projectiles like the one of the Minotaur sometimes. But if it can self heal too, which leads me to guessing it can also be a monster :man_shrugging:. It is not the same as the “Unknown” far distance thing so I am guessing it is an object/monster without an assigned name?

It’s something to do with the unscaled mobs, we were seeing it a lot in level 10 shard with reincarnation

In the next patch monster deaths (including Player deaths) will be logged to the combat log.

The <q=unmatched> thing will be filtered out as well.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks!

Are we likely to see any other changes to the combat log before release?

Mayyyybe. We’ll see how much extra time I have. If not we’ll be continuing to improve it post-launch of course.

2 Likes

Okay so the combat log does contain selfhealing over max health. Can there please be in indication of when you overheal (and by how much)? I tested it as a warrior, musky and Bard. All 3 classes keep giving heal self and heal other numbers in the combat log. But you can never see in the log if it is past max health or not. So either remove these from the log, or tag them with (Overheal+151) Or something like that.

2 Likes

I second this, it is a very important value for healers to up their game

2 Likes

Also, damage mitigation from abilities such as shield orb would be great to have values for!

Necroing this thread after going through some logs to help @Mathieu_D with balancing as there are quite a lot of changes that would be nice to have/needed to improve the combat logs to make it clearer on what is happening and for improving the parser on the armory

After going through a lot of logs recently, I noticed it still doesn’t show when a player dies, it only shows when a mob dies

Other than that which needs fixing, there are these things the would be nice to have / needed:

• Names of Abilities used (I know this would take more work but it’s needed)
  • Name of class used (until the above could be added, this will make it easier to see which class was used)
  • The name of the Dungeon (or raid and the difficulty) when entering, and the difficulty of the shard and which mutations it was (makes it so we can then link logs to run, helpful for self improvement and more in depth tracking of fights/difficulties)
  • Damage migrated via shields/abilities
  • Over-healing done
  • When attacks are successfully interrupted (and who used the interrupt)
6 Likes

I strongly second that !

Would also be nice to have a log :

• That a ranged (or even close) class missed a hit (or a heal)
  • If hit, how much meters from the target the player was
  • That a ranger hit a Red spot
  • Tileset proc
  • The player used a potion (and which one it was)
  • That a player was resurrected
  • That a player disconnected/reconnected (most importantly during a fight)

Besides that, some logs are bugged, for example :

• Some spells (from bosses) are shown as “Unknown”
  • The last log before a player dies is a hit with only an ID instead of the player name. Since this player’s ID is seen nowhere else (and is never the same), we can’t correlate it to an actual player.
  • Bosses do “Crushing” damages instead of “Critical”. Is there any difference ? If not, would be nice to use “Critical” every time ^^
1 Like

Pretty sure this is when a boss hits a non-tank class to do more damage them vs to a tank

on the topic of bosses critting, its kinda dumb