Controller issues

Hi everyone are their any settings to help with controller issues, on the quest and worse on the rift s I can be holding forward to walk forward then for no reason it will start walking backwards and sometimes start to turn. Is this normal ?

Sounds like you’re experiencing drift.

1 Like

Is their a way to fix it

it’s an issue a lot of controllers have, you can look up some tutorials on how to fix it, but the fixes tend to be temporary.

1 Like

My current solution is disabling sliding locomotion.

1 Like

Is it only on this game or do you experience it on others?

Also, make sure auto run (I think that’s the one? Where holding Grip while moving makes you move forever lol) is turned off in the Locomotion settings.

1 Like

I have a very similar issue: sometimes, on my right controller, when I walk forward for too long, I keep on walking when I release the thumbstick.

It only happens on the right controller, and only when in thrilling moments e.g. when I’m fleeing from an enemy or when I’m playing events like flying fish and crystal cave. I get past them before grabbing them lol it’s annoyingly funny. I laugh at myself for not remembering to use the left thumbstick at those moments.

So, yeah, in my specific case I might have a physical-technical issue. It doesn’t happen in any other game just because I never use thumbsticks in the other games I play.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply’s everyone, I have only had the quest for 2 months it only does it in contractors as well but not very much and not as bad. I do have auto run on I’ll try it off and see what happens Thankyou

1 Like

Do you have your locomotion settings set to controller direction instead of head gaze also? That’s another alternative and can be kinda weird if you’re not used to it imo

Hi thanks for the reply yes I have it set to controller I tried head gaze but it wasn’t for me

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.