Daily login rewards

@Arthanos, I’d create a new topic for the lvl 30 practice room idea. That would be useful. Not as a login reward, but as a rework in general.

2 Likes

Yes please. Ill take more mage teleport runes any day!

1 Like

You got me thinking about this now xD One of the things I’ve seen requested a lot in the past is a way to allow people to see the lines you draw with mage to help teach people runemage, some of the suggestions were stuff like aged ithecac or runesight so people can see the lines, but what about a tool

“Teachers Wand” Allows others to see your mage lines, if it’s on a milestone then you won’t have it until you’ve played long enough to know how to cast to some extent so it won’t just be used randomly draw crap and can actually be useful and fun

Something like this:

I’d still like a few more ideas for Daily rewards as there are only 7 right now and I think it would be good to have a few more in the pool, thoughts?

2 Likes

We didnt have daily rewards in regular Orbus and alot of people logged in daily. I think people just need things to do more in the places outside highstep.

2 Likes

LOL, the old orbus was the cream of the crop!

I logged in almost daily even if it was just to kill some redtails and talk to my friends.

2 Likes

If you have ideas of what things could be added, I’d be interested in hearing about it more on a different post :slight_smile:

No better not people will get triggered. They should just add more to do to make the game fun people will log on.

Or remove some of the things that make the game less fun :confused:

Agreed, like level scaling…

1 Like

I mean … they could roll some DLC that would do that x3

1 Like

Yea but that also means you can NOT see what others draw you are trying to teach… which might even be more important, to see where they fail. And for people not playing mage this reward would be useless.

Also locking teleports behind login rewards idk this is clearly some incentive to play mage, at all, to do the lore quests and help your group out even if you can draw nothing else; and it should be possible like in the OG already and not require 10 months of regular play.

Many of these things (storage, special features, portals) are indeed nice to have, and have been suggested before, but none of this should be locked for the chosen few, imo.

As for suggested playtime to get rewards:
I think people overestimate their activity, no clue if there’s more than a handful OG veterans still active in the game which would be elligible even for the 200 day reward. Many I knew did long pauses during the last 2 years, waiting for new content, or they logged in weekly for raids. 200 days, that means almost 7 months, no pauses, logging in EVERY single day!!!
Looking at rankings and activity, in ours and other guilds, the vast majority of the player base will never see such a reward, ever.

Now 200 days, this would be only one of the first rewards. 500 days are 1.5 years - and only for players, who, in the most ideal case, log in EVERY single day. Else it’s much longer. And sorry, I most likely don’t need 3 additional missions or anything in 1.5y (provided I still play), since I got all overlevels anyway - the daily rewards will boost progress with these a ton already or there’s brandnew dlcs where all planed things don’t apply anymore.

Also, what should we tell newer players, oh, don’t worry, in only 7 months you can teleport everywhere in Orbus, but only if you login every freakin day :smiley: ?? Nothing against mounts or transmogs, but if rewards are very attractive - actually answering to the wishes of many -, yet far in the future and only a fraction of players will ever get them, this would be extremly demotivating for everyone else.

PS: And I know login rewards are supposed to bring back people to playing, however, only new and attractive content can do that. If rewards are superattractive those who only do raids once a week, currently, will sure login more, idle around the required time if there’s any and log right out again. And curse Orbus a little and that’s it. This kind of “achievement” is also nothing I’d like to see rewarded soooo much.

PPS: And to not only critique I’d suggest smaller steps for Milestones, especially to keep new players hooked, 10d seems reasonable for the first reward. Then perhaps 20, 30, 50, so, additionally to your “streak”-hunt you can set some goals which are rewarded, regularly.
Earning more luck, exp, speed or weight should be possible during the first weeks of playing. At 50 days most who are not absolutely determined will already be 2-4 months in the game. They will be asked by a guild to carry potions with them for dungeons, where weight is a huge help, and they will be behind veterans with speed perks anyway, which is already a problem btw. You got disadvantages at events and if you’re always last when running back after wipes in crypt etc. that is also not a nice feeling.
All above 100d should be cosmetic (mounts, transmogs, pets…), imo, to distinguish veterans/regulars from normal players if they wanna, but not gamechanging in any significant way.

4 Likes

Ohhh no… dont do that … I’ll need to get that teacher wand …

Or toss it in the wrist slot and call it Mage Circlett that allows mage lines to be seen by all who are within a mage circle distance from the teacher.
(Tho I like Teachers wand as a name )

Professors Blackboard could be cute too.
It could be a drop able like grinder and any arround it can see lines. Make it a cool floaty crystal with a mage magic circle on the ground to make mage circles even more mysterious and cool.

But I will be sad if it is a year out in daily login rewards.

I like teaching new mages to mage … and a xxx days out is a bit much for me to go for … tho xx days out might have me actually logging in…

Yea, most games that do daily logins have a monthly resets too (the ones I play.) So new players woukd be tempted to get on to. And if a login thing was implemented, everyone would start at 0 days and I wouldn’t wait 500 days (500 in game hours minimum) just for a transmog item that would be replaced later. So I’m all for the lower milestones.

1 Like

As much as I love the idea, the one thing that keep me from login the game daily is not only the absence of rewards but the fact that I don’t feel like it’s worth exploring the map. There’s nothing to do outside of highsteppe. Maybe having interest locations across the map. Because once I reach LVL 30 i lost interest to visit the map.

Maybe adding daily rewards combined with finding a way to lure people into a certain place of the map. Like random things to do in certain area to access your daily rewards so the population of orbus isn’t only in highsteppe. And not the same task for every players so it sparse the population across the map.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.