December Stress Test Feedback Thread

Feel free to use this thread to ask questions and give feedback during the December 3rd Stress Test.

The Stress Test Play Guide is here: https://blog.orbusvr.com/december-stress-test-play-guide/

2 Likes

Welcome everyone! Hope youā€™re all excited! Weā€™ll be bringing the server online in about 15 minutes. Stand by for VR MMO goodness!

2 Likes

Here we go! Servers are up.

1 Like

So we just had to restart the server and turn down the number of players per server a bit. It seems like the voice chat is using a lot more CPU than we anticipated. Youā€™ll have to re-launch the client if you were already connected.

I received this error twice and a few other times the other players stopped responding after a minute or so, does it matter if we are using the steam VR beta or not?

Connection Error:
Connection.ReadCallback :: EndRead failure

Itā€™s not you the server is just crashing a lot right now.

I jsut pushed out a new version, give it another try hopepfully it will work better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting alot of server disconnect errors

Iā€™m getting ā€˜Websocket connection closed by remote host. Please restart the game to reconnect.ā€™.

Anyway, good job getting it to this point!

So I just had to restart the whole server about 3 minutes ago (which is what gives the ā€œWebsocket closed by remote hostā€ error). Iā€™m going to try and hopefully leave it up now. There was a bug where it spawned like 70 servers at once.

1 Like

I just wanted to point out that thereā€™s a set of stairs in the starting town that leads to enemies and water to fish in :slight_smile:

Iā€™m getting like 5 - 15 FPS in this game

Thereā€™s no in game sound or music at all? Or am I missing something?

I know thereā€™s a lot of lag currently, stick with us as we start beating on things to figure it out :slight_smile:

It keep spawning me into one of those 70 servers you mentioned :stuck_out_tongue: Keep trying to get it back up! Itā€™s awesome so far

Even though I seem to lag out every time I have joined a server so far. From what I have seen this is amazing!

I keep getting a prompt telling me to restart my game because my connection was closed. Am I banned? lol

Iā€™m pretty sure that every time I die, the game freezes, I can still teleport around. But nothing moves, nobody talks, no spells can be cast, etc. The lack of any kind of background audio is also a bit off putting, but itā€™s a pre-alpha; these things can be forgiven.

Also, Frostboltā€™s sound effect is insanely loud!

the spells seem to be very random, same sign gets me frost and fire and whatever the purple is pretty randomly