Dev Blog: Patch 6.0 -- Waystation Crypt Raid Preview

• It can’t be used on a player currently.
  • There will be a vendor handing them out for free.
  • I mean you could certainly do that, if you do then you are leaving yourself somewhat vulnerable to attack as if a bandit attacks you and you go into combat you couldn’t re-join the party. So I guess basically it’s to provide somewhat of a cost to doing that.
  • It’s entirely possible there is going to be an additional level above “Hard” for the Raids. At that point 21+ gear would be available to get. But right now I am comfortable saying the Hard mode raids should give the same level of gear as the hardest Shard dungeon. There will be other non-gear incentives for doing the raid as well, but I mean if you’re one of the 0.1% of the population who is already fully decked out in T10 gear in every slot, then yeah there’s not going to be a super-strong gear-related incentive for you at this point. (Or perhaps gearing up other classes, see below on tokens).
  • You only get 1 token per boss per week. We haven’t decided on the final cost of things yet but most likely you’ll be able to get at least one piece of gear your first week if you do every boss. The gear will likely have different costs (e.g. gloves cheaper than chest).
  • You can buy any gear you want. It will roll for whatever the current class you are when you turn in the tokens.
  • Yes
  • No
  • I mean whatever you want. Certainly any feedback on the difficulty, fun factor, etc. is welcome. Keep in mind that I am assuming the regular mode Raids are going to be cleared the first day by experienced players, they are tuned such that hopefully everyone who wants to will get to participate in them.
3 Likes

When do you think the level above hard mode will be released?

1 Like

will the raid dyes be new? wants crimson accent

The raid dyes will be a mix of old and new. They will also vary between Normal and Hard mode raids.

I’m not exactly sure when it would come out which is why I didn’t provide any information on that. But likely it would be a few weeks after the hard mode.

Are the Tokens soul-bound ?

It would be a great incentive for everyone to complete their raid every weeks if it could help less geared people in their guild.

Tokens are gear so yes they are soulbound. If you want to help gear up less-geared people then the solution would be to run the raid with them.

4 Likes

Thank you for all the information! Crazy psyched to be a part of this!

Total random itemization idea: Legendary Armor

Legendary Armor would be the same as regular armor but have all three stats of vitality and both resists present on it. It could be a rare drop from the final boss, and/or take a ton of tokens. It doesn’t increase power creep significantly, as we can already get the stats individually and swap them as needed on various encounters, but it would allow the convenience and optimization for end game players. This would be especially handy in terms of weight for switching between gear for alternate classes as you could cut back on the number of total sets you would ultimately need. Anyway, just a brainstorm notion.

Oh, totally forgot to ask! Will you be able to buy legendary weapons with the hard mode tokens?

What time on Wednesday the 30th does the bonus exp start?

Will there be a fix soon for the AoE radius’s for the Dragon’s fire breath, Tail swipe & Soul keepers AoE so they match up with there Red areas. Currently you can be hit a fair bit outside of them, Specially with the Fire breath.

I haven’t heard anything about that happening with spherical AoE’s like the Soul Keeper before. What exactly is happening there?

I hope that the transmog tool will have preview features so that you can be sure what a transmog will look like before committing to it.

Also please make the tagger tool 0 weight. Since player inventories still haven’t gotten any reprieve from weight/item creep in this game (new potions, dragons, equipment), new items that are utility like the tagger tool should be 0 weight.

Basically the AoEs still don’t 100% match the visual radius. You had said at one point you made a pass at all the AoE visuals and had fixed them, but there are still tons of inconsistency with the bosses Chezil mentioned, as well as:

1. Corrupted Stags
  2. Leshak minion AoEs
  3. Tank Keeper AoE

If you stand right outside the AOE where the visual doesn’t touch the player, the player still takes damage.

2 Likes

Another thing on this… Can we please get a client-side model position update for whenever these stupid things charge attack? It is brutal trying to find these guys sometimes when nobody can see them where they’re actually at.

1 Like

This! My god corrupted stags annoy me so bad with their bad hitboxes

Okay, so hitboxes aside, on the AoE attacks, I think most of them should be good now. The ones that might still be having an issue would be ones where the boss moves right before the AoE triggers (e.g. the Soul Keeper attack where it teleports then immediately AoE’s). I am putting in a fix for that with the new patch.

As always, it would be helpful to have logs or videos of this happening so I can track down the issue…I dd about 2-3 hours of straight mechanic testing last night to prepare for the raid and the AoE hitboxes all seemed to be working fine to me…it’s possible it’s a lag thing which is why some sort of video would help. Like are we talking “I’m standing a foot outside the red area and still got hit and I moved right before it went off”, or “I am 20 meters away where it went off and I think I still got hit”.

1 Like

I think the only other I can think of that didn’t get mentioned above was the Dragon boss in the desert

Yes, the Dragon’s AoE hitbox is pretty much horrible, it forces tanks to jump directly to the side as it displays correctly there, if I’m trying to jump diagonally, sometimes I’m getting hit even though I’m like 6-7 meters from the actual AoE, also it happens all the time if I’m jumping close to the tail of it when it does the fire breath to the front

I’m wondering if it’s possible the breath and tail AoE are both getting triggered at the same time on accident and only showing one of them…

I’m not sure, but also the tail AoE is hitting me if I’m too close to the head (but still outside of the AoE)

Will hard modes (and the possible eventual hardest mode) have new mechanics in the fights or just increased number tuning?