Disabled player

Hi there,

I’m wondering if the game can be played by people with only one hand and/or in wheelchair?

Best regards

1 Like

Wheelchair would be fine, a lot of people play while seated, you can change the floor height on oculus to make it seem like you are standing even while are you are seated by going to devices and then floor height.

Only having one hand however would limit what you could do, depending how badly you wanted to play you could probably figure out ways of playing some of the classes one handed though

I bet you could play mage. I only use my off hand to move and you could do that with your main hand.
May be able to play a Musky. You would have to put the gun away to move turrets which would be a pain. The only other thing would be finding a way to load your orbs for healing. Maybe squeeze the grips with your legs.
Warrior I don’t know. You need your off hand for the shield and ranger would be hard.

I played my mage with one controller for a few weeks while I waited for a replacement, it wasn’t bad.

1 Like

Sorry I can’t seem to find it anymore but I remember seeing a one hand vive controller … rephrased… its a 3D print model that holds the two controllers so you can use one hand… but I can’t find the files online anymore.

Then again this 3D print wouldn’t really solve the issue of the game mechanics.

Is it possible… sure… would you be effective prolly not unless you’re a mage. Not with how this game is currently and with the available controllers for VR.

The only viable class I see is Runemage. Unfortunately the other classes need some sort of two hands, whether it be a shield and sword, bow and arrow, fishing rod and reel, and in the musketeers case it is loading orbs and magical shooting device.

That said, you can also do other things if you like in OrbusVR. If you get that height thing to work, you might be able to do Alchemy, Crafting runes tiles and Fishing lures. If you somehow end up playing a lot, one can try to get you to level 20, maybe warrior without the shield, and you can become an integral player collecting valuable resources.

P.S. Thinking about it now, you should be able to play warrior class with a dedicated Musketeer helping you/ healing you constantly.

Oh and OrbusVR is a big Social game as well!

Depending on your interest in OrbusVR and your dedication to it I might be able to try to work something out for you, such that we help you and you help our guild, Nox, back. That being said, you should also try other VR games that might be more entertaining and more adequate.

You might also wanna hit up the guild ‘Knights of Calamitous Intent’ and ‘Super Friends’. They may be able to work something out also. Zom is the friendliest and most forgiving player I know of.

Could try mounting a pro tube type support in front of you with socket cups for the controllers, then pick up the one you need to be using while the other is sitting in its holder in front of you, waiting for when you need it (you could also for instance set up your shield in front of you, and swing the other controller as a sword… Or quickly holster your musket, grab the second controller, and load special ammo… Also could try to hold your wand controller with mage, and extend your index finger and use it on the other controller track pad to do locomotion)… You may figure out way more things that you could learn to do efficiently with that setup… You may not be as fast as the end game players at everything, but you’ll still have fun at your own pace, and there is a huge friendly community to help you along. It’ll take some memorizing where to set the controllers back in their holders, but you’ll do fine with a bit of practice…

See about throwing together a makeshift rig from pro tube parts, or build something that works well for your setup.

And if you see me in game (though I’m rarely on) just let me know and we’ll adventure together… IGN BilkOsby

1 Like

Thanks all for your answer ans support.

I’ll be in hopsital for a few month and i was wondering if it was worth to buy a VR gear.
I plan to play in a few months when i’ll leave the revalidation center.

Since enjoy the game :wink:

1 Like

I would. Even if it were just for experiences.

Guys, what does a warrior have to do with the shield? Do warriors have to push any buttons?

They might need to be able to move it? Block big attacks and let smaller ones hit them.

They might also have to block the attacks of others, like sentry? But I think Warrior might be able to be played with one arm?

Huh, if he’s got a left arm he could probably still play warrior, long as he doesn’t have to push any buttons. Tho my warrior is lv5 and that was quest XP. Literally played it once.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.