Does Orbus need rebalancing?

even with max speed never got 12k or 15k with or without pots with provoke heal

then you’re not provoking at max speed, you miss a lot of provokes or your tiles aren’t working. looking at the tiles you’ve posted in different discords, you don’t use max speed tiles, so if those are procing frequently, you’re not provoking at max speed, if they don’t proc or proc in’frequently you need to switch to max speed tiles

but not all people can swing their arm or wrist like they are in a mad man for a long time to give on self harm on one self the get a fasted speed tile to work even to swing the fastest swing tile dont work for some people who cant swing like that even with my fast tile i have never got 12 or 15k with or without pots

@potato you are definitely not wrong. When you compare both tanks ability to ability, they are more balanced than what the post said.

Reason why I even put up the comparison is the fact that paladins can survive longer and has an easier time being sufficient enough to tank stuff.

Warriors have better time keeping agro, yes. That’s why for a lot of trash mobs in dungeons I like to use warriors. But, higher level bosses do so much damage to paladins, I never had agro problems. If I had enough agro on me as a paladin and easier time staying alive AND do more damage all at the same time against a boss. Why would I use my warrior?

Mist keeper from the temp dungeon is especially frustrating for me as a warrior because how far I have to jump to get away from the AOE. Paladin on the other hand… all I have to do is get my healing book ready when the AOE meter hits. Because of the 50% damage reduction, paladin can almost survive any large hit. Kind of rediculous to me.

Sorry for majority of warrior players not being as good as you at dodging almost full teleport length worth of AOE every single time and taking unnecessary risks to reset the whole fight.

With the damage output, you missed the point. Paladin can have huge damage output (for a tank) without losing any survivability.

90% damage reduction thing. Yes, it’s 99, my bad. Still not the point of this post.

And the potion logic. You can’t be serious. By that logic paladins can almost go through a shard 15 with just pots and no healers. That’s not average game play. Again, sorry for not everyone can be as good as you.

So the point is, an average player can’t reach those extremes that you try to push on to others.

1 Like

mist keeper is a special case, there you’ll usually only really have your warrior shield for the tank buster and then take full damage the rest of the hits, while paladin will take half damage for all hits and can stand in AoE.
The healing pot thing I just brought up because scott has done every boss without a healer thanks to healing pots, which do have a CD, but even without pots you can no healer several bosses that just isn’t possible on Paladin. There are trade offs to both classes and in some situations one is better than the other, which IMO is how it should be, not one being better at everything, but like it is currently where some stuff like trash or mist keeper you want paladin for min-maxing and other things like dungeon troll or dovregubben you want a warrior. and if you wanna be the absolute best tank you can for most efficient runs you need a combination of both.

2 Likes

Is it not possible to tileset scoundrels?

https://community.orbusvr.com/t/scoundrel-tileset-puzzle-impossible-to-solve/

1 Like

Lol oops. Thanks ^

Welcome back to the game first of all, long time no see. As for these “everything I don’t like”-posts - mixing numerous unrelated points up will make it hard to discuss or pinpoint down workable solutions since people talk about everything and nothing, but well… only grabbing out one single point, overflow of goods/market:

POTIONS
Ok well while you might not need potions, fact is a ton of other people seems to need them - they sold very well from day 1 on reborn, there’s a constant, high demand! So your personal need is not an indicator of the market demands. Potions are selling as good as in the OG, if not better.

The market right now however is in a special state of good-prices rapidly falling (since some still think foolish trade-wars, undercutting each others aggressively, is a good strategy ^^; winners are only the buyers, though) while stall prices rise up to a point some older vendors like me take a break from them. But this is only since like 2 weeks and related to the sudden influx of (young) players not knowing how to keep prices stable or to bid and overall lots people currently having too much time on their hands. In couple weeks all is back to normal I believe and then is a better time to step back and evaluate what is needed then and what not. Before Corona prices were fairly stable and you could certainly sell potions, I did so all the time.
Plus leading dram back to other vendors since I bought fish and mats from what I earned with the crafted products; the current imbalance is the fault of player’s actions though, nothing much to do about it but give it time and let them figure.

As for why the potion-demand is on a constant high, likely others are either not playing the content you do. Like HM raid once a week with 0 drops. Like, some guild members play one hour daily, doing two shards in the 3-drop range, 5 potions used for them; makes 2 lost per day or rather more since not all drops are useful (I often craft one type, Crit, in masses, while others more commonly drop).
Or they likely use much more of them. We have practice groups, for example, where we use potions on shards 8+ already to still level them up while tanks or new healers/dps can practice. Also a “set” for some classes/players (tanks!) sometimes only is 2 potions while a “set” for me is 5, including the new supercharge.
So for an evening I use 10-15 potions at times, and I’m nowhere near covering those with drops. Which are mostly not even spread out evenly btw. I’m flooded by Vit and Str, Crits are just not dropping. I even suggested more drops from dungeons before, because of the poor rng, or spread them out more evenly, also across dungeon levels, the current system is odd.
Also since the solo-dungeon is out now, (aged) normal potions are really helpful to deal with the elites in there and get through faster overall. Unnoticed by most yet the DLC will change the market, with time, in many ways which to describe would be OT though.

CRATES
Same with the crates, yup we are flooded, but why not… I personally do all dailies/weeklies I can and like getting and opening them. As I like any direct and visible reward in games for what I do. When I was trading I was also having a use for some of the mats, constantly (apples for example or reedflute for super charge potions). So these were not all useless. And I like selling the low stuff to the vendors, as last step of finishing missions. Other games, mainly hack n slash types, flood you with gear drops on every mob you kill as well, you sell these off constantly, I don’t mind that.

DYES
I don’t feel all dyes are too frequently dropping, some colors (those in crates; and sadly Spiderling) are, sure, but others are selling for good prices since day 1 of reborn, just like potions. Which is an indicator of them being wanted and useful. You can go out farm and need quite some time (ex. Salmon) or a good group (ex. Black Major) to get them.
The thing with dyes is, if they are too rare they become useless. You don’t need one of these, but 4 minimum, now gear changes, for most, so you will need much more than that to keep up. This is why some dyes - due to my impression - did not sell well or at all in the OG.

CHANGES/SUGGESTIONS
The only things we would need imo is

a) A bit better methods of sorting/deleting stuff for those bothered by it. They already implemented filling stuff in chests, additional to that a mass-sharding, mass-opening, mass-selling to vendors, like, ALL that is on a tab (!) would also be helpful (while having security measures in like ability to mark items to never-bulk-sell/shard). Idea from Torchlight and other games: It would be oh-so-cool if our pets had some inventory and would sell stuff put in there, for us.

b) Lower droprate for reagents which are indeed that much that I delete them constantly (keyword Rickness brought up is “middle-way” though - not make them super-rare like in the OG where you farmed half an hour before dungeon runs to be able to resurrect…)

c) And certainly more space in the player house chest. That’s the only issue I got, currently. Now that the dlc stuff, new pets, dyes etc. is also in my game feels entirely paralized. I’d like to farm and collect more things, breed dragons and what not, however, there is no chance doing so since there’s no space for even gear sets and stuff and dungeon shards (2-3 tabs wasted for these alone) anymore.

4 Likes

Even the raid entrance is in highsteppe I might add.

Even the players are in Highesteppe! :scream:

6 Likes

If spoon feeding was a game, Orbus would be it.

2 Likes

There’s two almost completely separate topics in this thread, class balancing and the economy.

With the economic issue, there aren’t enough important mats or gathered in different ways to make this very interesting is my problem with it.

Important here being anything used in a consumable while having a non-trivial supply. A lot of these are related to fishing which is good since some players enjoy this and others do not so it adds some variety to the economy.

The most fun I had trading in Orbus was right after tinkering was introduced since there was now an economic reason to either grind public events for springs or farm wood cogs from sewer rat and then hawk these wares in highsteppe. Unfortunately, most of these were one-offs for the tinkerer tools and mounts and the lvl 30 player base does not seem to be increasing fast enough to support high trading volume for these. Last time I checked prices were pretty low for both of these. Also pretty sure wood cog rate has been drastically increased.

High-end PvE mats (Besides fishing) could make the activities more interesting. For example, a box from an enraged world boss with the same rarity as ring but that drops 50 of some crafting material ideally used in a consumable and can only be acquired in this method. Maybe could be added to the Lamavora boss since few do that one.

Maybe another material that either requires significant climbing to get to, or is in an area so densely mob packed (maybe with Chaos Bolters) that it basically requires a larger party to get (anything in Wastelands can be easily grabbed solo). A rare mat via treasure chest would be good as well.

I’m pretty sure PvP required zones are never going to come back but if they did, a mat there would make the economy more diverse as well since trade between PvPers and non-PvPers is then required.

Of course, it’s nice if this can all respect the players time as well which is really hard to do. A lot of this comes down to a lack of serious dram sinks and oversupply of items.

I’ve spent significantly less time farming for the potions ever since the daily drops were implemented ages ago. This is nice since it lets me play high end content without worrying about also scheduling time to farm for most mats. However, it contributes heavily to the game feeling more like a dungeon runner and less of an active world with different players approaching the economy in different ways.

1 Like

^This. This is a good example of how to properly implement rare resources in a way that is both rare and valuable, as well as fun and interactive to acquire. Unlike the rarity of Obsidian before the recent change, where the way to get this too used resource from its too little supply is to camp it out and to wait. Nothing about that activity is fun or pleasant. Yes you could level your grinder while you wait, but in the end you still have to wait.

I’m not really sure when did Obsidian became such fought over material, maybe it’s because I was gone for like 6 months, but Obsidian has always been rare. Just like Linstanium(Not sure how it’s actually spelled) used to be. The difference between the two was that before reborn, the community was small enough that the rarity of Linstanium didn’t matter too much. I may be wrong, but I think it’s because the influx of new players and more dedicated material farmers camping out the Obsidian spots every minute of the day. Some times you may get lucky walking in on a cave full of Obsidian.

Another rummer I’ve heard was that some groups of people actually just collects those things like it’s gold and sits on it instead of selling it and circulating it through the market. This actually kind of upsets me. Again, just a rummer, don’t know if it’s true.

One way to fix this would be like what Kala suggested, put Obsidian and other similar rarity materials in the world boss loot tables.

1 Like

The reason for the issues around Obsidian is its ever increasing requirement for an array of quests and crafts, as well as its less that numerous availability and broken or wonky spawning mechanics.

While there may be a rumor of a ‘Mob Boss’ camping out the ore to scoop it up and hoard it, its so ridiculous in the grand scheme of things that i wouldnt consider it a factor, but more the community directing its frustration at something they feel they can change or affect.

Overall, the availability was spotty and not very high, creating artificial scarcity. Meanwhile the need for it continued to grow, creating artificial demand. The demand could not meet the supply to the point of frustration of the community. Thus i needed to be changed

That’s why in old orbus my player house was in the rainforest. So I could farm it easily. :grin:

My playerhouse was everywhere, and always portaled me to HS no matter where I entered, thanks to bugs XD…

1 Like

yah you could enter any house you bought once, but it moved you to your last purchase. I wanted them to change it to interlocked doors like in Howls moving castle, but no luck.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.