Duel welding class or being able to use two weapons at once and public player housing

He never said shaman was melee
He just said if shaman works then a melee class would work because of distance and whatnot

2 Likes

I could see it being enjoyable just make the shield slot accept another sword and then make that sword hit more like pally hammer hits and less like warrior pattern hits. Make crossing the swords give you a shield block that ā€œbreaksā€ for duration of a shield break before reusable.

It would make leveling a warrior more fun thatā€™s for sure.

Also give mages a 2nd wand to aim with in off hand ā€¦ I hate empty hand aiming ā€¦ feels so stupid when I can feel it following the path of an off hand wand I dont see.

I have tried using a narwhal horn as an off hand wand and itā€™s close but not close enough.

Make it the real blackyuekaw wand and you can transmog off hand wand if you wish.

I might swap off shockey grasp for 2nd wand aim ā€¦ maybe.

1 Like

You can test how 2hand will feel by tossing extra weapons in your training hall furniture box and build menu and hold in off hand and attack target dummy with one in each hand ā€¦ its feels pretty fun. (Equipt class weapon , un sheathe , grab furniture of weapon with off hand . Get feel of 2 at same time )

1 Like

Yes i knowā€¦ thats why i used those emoticonsā€¦ :wink:

But still a lot of people are saying that shaman is basically a melee dps class of orbusā€¦ :nauseated_face:

I think paladin is the real melee class
You can hit 30k dps with it, you have lots of health, and you can heal \o/

Reason that shaman proves melee dps is doable is that for max dps as a Sharman you place yourself on the boss and spam attacks. Dps goes up the closer you are, preferably orbs should spawn inside boss, giving you a 70k+ dps.

1 Like

Sounds like fun game play. =(

So are you really saying that shaman mechanics of orb respawning is that proof? :slight_smile:

Shaman dps goes higher the closer he gets to his target just because his orbs respawn times are based on orb despawn or orb hitting a target (right?)ā€¦ that is just pure shaman mechanic that have nothing to do with being anything close to melee classā€¦ its just wierd mechanic/bug if you ask meā€¦

that was changed a long time ago, the respawn timer now starts as soon as the orb is thrown.

This biggest complaints against melee classes have been being so close you block ally range attacks and how some bosses and mechanics force you to move. The shaman meets both criteria so itā€™s compared to a melee class.

Edit: rereading some above comments I see others have already mentioned this lol. Regardless, Iā€™d be more concerned with melee hit registration than pure dps or body blocking. Orbus hit registration has always been finicky. Add a second sword and itā€™s even more troublesome

Itā€™s still common tactic to pretty much stack shamans on top of the boss though.

I would love to see it not like just a warrior with two swords, but the two swords have different abilityā€™s.
like one you can trow for a lite long ranged attack.
The other being for heavy attacks that are up close.
ThatĀ“s just surface level too, the two swords could have different ability each. You could get really creative with this.

Basically, the shaman is not a meele class because it is not played as intended. It is only close for the max dmg. However, the shaman was created in such a way that he throws the orbs.
I can also stand with the Runenmage close to the mob for the fastest spellhit.

In my opinion, none of this matters, as we only have 2 meele classes. The Warrior and the Paladin.

Iā€™m 90% sure it says in the back of the book that the Ironman technique is one way it was intended to be played

But you dont have to stay directly infront of the target. You can shoot from further away.

Well we never had to cut down the trees
We could have lived in them

1 Like

?
Beeing able to stack a paper class (cloth) on most bosses shows that a melee dps class as a concept is doable, as they can coexist with tanks, and position themself to not block all other dps attacks.

No it is not a melee class, but it is a prof of concept.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.