Duel welding class or being able to use two weapons at once and public player housing

hey i know you guys get this question a lot. but can you add duel welding into the game or a duel welding class? also maybe public player housing i know you had this in the beta and even older players have house keys from the beta but can you add that feature back in the game?

1 Like

What would this class do?

bard (10char)

3 Likes

Bard uses two weapons. You can even throw them.

3 Likes

Omg … I did think about that xD the bard is a dual wield class.

2 Likes

I am very sure all dualwealing people did not have a Bard in mind. More like a dual wield melee weapon or gun :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What’s this? Next they’ll be saying all the melee dps class wanting people did not have a shaman caster in mind.

3 Likes

I was thinking a warrior with 2 swords paladain with 2 swords and scoundrels with 2 guns

Okay so… what would that do? If you’re thinking the same mechanics as they have currently that’d be impossible

NO BRO IT WILL WORK YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE
paladin with 2 swords is possible xeno, you just dont want it to be!

1 Like

I would love to see reworked Warrior with 2 talent tree options / Berserk hybrid DPS and Tank

Berserk will be able to use 2 swords (being able to double combo - if you manage to keep both your hands doing the right combo) - talents could be balanced for making more damage then Paladin/Warrior (tank) but less then dps classes.

level 5 talent could be something like - dual wielding: allows user to equip secondary sword (with no additional stat bonus for the sake of balancing?) executing a combo with both weapons at the same time will do full damage from one combo and maybe “1/2” from the second one

level 30 could be something like - Frenzy - if you manage to hit double combo you will receive a small damage buff or maybe a small heal like from Provoke talent

etc…

Tank will be focused on using shields (provoke heal, shield bash, etc…) - basically a tank as we know today.

I love warriors and I would love to see even more choices to make while building your favorite class. Im not saying Berserk will be viable for high end shards etc… But that is normal in most of the games out there… You have builds that are viable for high end content and you have builds viable for overworld farming etc… itll be a great addition + we will finally get a melee damage class

…and yes I have grinded all classes mostly solo to level 30 and Im really not ok with the statements like Shaman is melee and Bard is dualing :smiley:

btw Paladins using dual is just… yach and same with scoundrel - Paladin with reworked Support Talents that can choose between playing a regular tank Paladin for high end content or a support/tank paladin build for playing with strangers etc…

Need my 2 Wands…

It should be allowed but with one minor requirement… you may not cast two of the same runes with both wands :smiley:

1 Like

I accept it … it will require me to split my brain to perform … but I’ll do it.

Im sorry it would be a waste of time for the devs to develop; Warrior is a tank class and does not have enough damage output even with reworked talents to be viable. Of the like 5 or 10 high shard warriors in the game none would pick that talent route. The devs know that no one will go with that kind of talent tree and just not rework the talents because it is a waste of development time.

1 Like

So whats the plan?
Never to have a melee dps class or a hybrid?
Creating a brand new class with new mechanics instead of using/altering the old ones - Isnt that a bit more work then changing talents / tweaking numbers and adding one talent tree to boost dps for warrior? + maybe some new mechanics that works almost the same like mechanics warriors already have?

Its really funny that only in orbus im constantly reminded that Warrior is a Tank!!! Paladin is a tank!!! Musky is a supp!!
So why the hell is it possible to solo a dungeon where by design you should bring a tank?
Its the same f-ing thing!!!

Btw and in the end nobody argues why tanks are not doing tanky stuff in pvp - warrior cant even block shit and paladin is broken 100% best class in pvp atm… - yea tell me again that tanks should only tank

Yes, pretty much. They would have to be pretty creative to make a melee dual wielding dps class that would work with the boss mechanics of this game. Either they make the class and it rarely gets used because it doesn’t work for most of the bosses, or all the bosses are re worked to support the class (literally never going to happen).

Tanks SHOULD only be tanks. Bringing up pvp doesn’t make much sense because the people here are talking about pve (duel wielding would have problems in pvp also).

Not to mention that a duel wielding class would get in the way of all the other ranged dps classes.

Melee dps should work because shaman works :stuck_out_tongue: it will just not work in some situations well like shaman. Not wanting something to exist does not mean it is too hard to make happen. I see enough oportunities to be useful even on crazy fights like mistkeeper.

4 Likes

So are you saying the main problem is by design? That we have 2 melee classes (paladin and warrior) that can make boss mechanics but if warrior would lost shield he wont be able to? I dont think so…

Are you really that close minded? Tank should only TANK but DPS can do whatever and nobody cares…
Its funny that you can solo stuff with Mage intended for a group with tank and nobody cares - because the argument is “it takes a lot of SKILL to do this”!! :smiley: Talk about mechanics of the boss now…

Shaman is not a melee!!! :face_vomiting: :smiley:

Yes I can see that melee dps would have similar problems as shaman and thats why it could work.

I can run around beating monsters without shield as warrior… So why cant i have a damage boost in exchange for tankiness? :pleading_face:

ofc as i said before - hybrid warrior could be dual wielding or just have talents changed to give him a bit of a damage boost while playing solo + ofc Warrior will never be able to come close to dps classes if the ones we have now will get balanced

1 Like