Dungeon back-fill?

one problem with ‘queued’ dungeons is that people have different goals. Some want a guaranteed steamroll for fast xp/loot, others are content to play it through and try their hand.

The first group will insta-leave if they don’t like what they see they’ve been queue’d with.

When this happens I’d really like to see it just pull somebody else in queue that could fulfil the missing roll and spawn them into the instance somehow.

This might not be possible because of the way dungeons work (ie you spawn an instance with your group)… but it would be a huge improvement

3 Likes

Anyone who wants a guaranteed steamroll should be queueing as a full group. The queue was meant as a way to introduce more people to the dungeons and let people learn them with a few more experienced players.

Honestly, rather than a backfill (or maybe in addition to) I think there should be a penalty if you join and then leave in under a certain amount of time. Like, banned from dungeon queue for half an hour or something. Put that time at 15-20 mins or something for the penalty to happen

2 Likes

and battle grounds so they don’t just hop over to something else leaving a group hanging

2 Likes

From the other side of the equation, I know in the original game, there were times I’d be teleported to the dungeon, not spawn correctly and I’d have to walk to the dungeon manually to join my group. I used the compass to let them know what had happened.

Unless the dungeon teleport system is perfect, penalizing people seems a little extreme unless there is a system to differentiate between glitches and voluntarily leaving.

I agree that people bailing on a dungeon is extremely frustrating though. Happened last night where 3 people left without saying anything, which forced me and the other remaining person to give up.

Maybe at least the first time in a day, give a warning instead of a penalty or something (“I understand that by leaving the dungeon before it is finished, I may be letting down my entire group, causing them to fail” with a confirmation they have to click)? This wouldn’t account for a group deciding to leave all at once though…

3 Likes

I wonder what the reason for that is. You don’t expect fast xp/loot with randoms, normally.
A backfill is a good idea, but only in the very first minute, then the dungeon is ongoing and I can’t imagine someone spawning in midst-fight, apart from this it would be tadbit unfair doin so at the boss if all the work is done. Other changes which could be responsible for people leaving a dungeon rightaway:

• no level restrictions (I think; or did I miss a change?); if I see 3 level 1 players messing around with their controls I tend to leave too sorry :smiley: … it was suggested before that you need to be at least level 6 - and perhaps higher for the level 20s - to queue, to make sure you end up in groups which at least know the very basics of their weapon and movement, did a few fights etc.; the dungeons are not that trivial that you can learn this on the run.
    The level restriction should be off if a full group joins.
  • no option to favorite dungeons; I bet many are joining to finish the quests they have, hoping for a certain dungeon; a list with 1st priority, 2nd etc. (and a button “random” for those who don’t care) would perhaps be nice to up the chance that a group gets together which wants to do the same

A penalty is a very bad idea because of the still “unwanted” leaves; often enough people crash, loose internet, etc. … There’s not sooo many people around doing the random queue that you can freely choose your group by queuing over and over, so if you reform you likely end up with a longer waiting time anyway or the same people who also re-queued.
I rather think something should be done with options to choose the dungeon you wanna do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.