Dungeon/Shard Combat Logs!

I think it would be really good idea to add in Dungeon/Shard combat logs, like DPS, Healing, most damage taken and etc. it’s really beneficial to see who’s doing what and could help us in a lot of ways for future Shards. This could even be put into raids as well. Public Events and Worldboss too. The Battlegrounds version can even be revamped.

Like on the Armory’s parser (https://armory.orbus.xyz/#/combatviewer/233dbb71242bc719577d878fa6965a53)? The data is there, you just got to parse it yourself

3 Likes

I guess yeah but it would be better if it was in game. Like if they implemented it or allowed third party mods so we could add it ourselves if we choose to. Then we could do the mini map someone was working on and more. Like when I used to play WoW I had a third party mod( forgot the name of it) that worked more like a tool and it would give me all the stats for each player in the dungeons, raids, BG and just about everything in WoW plus it did a number of other things in the game.

Riley has said that an aggro meter for tank is something we will probably see in-game but dps meters ect. won’t be due to the toxicity that commonly spawns from them.

2 Likes

Since the log is (I assume) growing real time I don’t think there’s anything preventing somebody from doing a realtime VR overlay with combat stats. A ghetto version would be to just write a script that tails and averages the numbers in a console window and pin that in VR

I think there are several groups that have already developed these.

2 Likes

Yes, some of which are behind a pay wall…

If you’re talking about our damage meter, that’s not public yet as it’s not finished, we’ve been waiting for Riley to make some changes to the combat log. Paying to support the work aRkker is doing will just get you “early access” to help test and give feedback, I wouldn’t really call it a paywall though as you can drop the combat file from %userprofile%\appdata\LocalLow\Orbus Online, LLC\OrbusVR on to the Combat Parser and see everything from the fights there and it’s for public use and does pretty much the same thing

6 Likes

You may not use cheats or unauthorized software (such as scripts, bots or macros) in a way to gain an advantage over other players. Modifying any of the official game files, including the game client, is strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule will result in a permanent account ban.

Directly from code of conduct: https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Code_of_Conduct

Now there will be a live DPS meter from Alphabet according to a aRkker that they have a real time one.
This is fine as it just reads your dps log. Just OVRdrop the meter when it comes out.

Wouldn’t it just be easier to just implement it into the game Riley? That way everyone has it or can have the option to turn these on. Like minimap or map location and key point like public events, dragon races, etc. and the logs in dungeons and raids just makes sense.

Yep thats all I did:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A4LmJFhcbPckcgG2lVZLAxMIuBEpy_cI/view

1 Like

Banned for installing minecraft hacks

DISGUSTING!!

+1 here
Usually game developers go against dps meters as your usual casual audience gets alienated because of it hence it is a 3rd party thing for those who wish to opt in to using it and also why Riley is cautious about the terms of service as not to use it for ‘selection’ in pugs basically. I do hope Riley adds the threat meters though… More than needed…

2 Likes

Completely agree,

DPS meters are fun for getting a general sense of whether you’re improving your use of a dps centric class, or understand the talents you’ve taken, but they are not the greatest predictor of whether you’ll complete content with a group. People that over emphasize them may

• pull aggro and die
  • service their meters instead of their team, and watch a healer die while trying to keep their rotation going on the wrong mob
  • neglect to consider talents and playstyles that buff the overall capability of a group
    etc etc etc.

All classic problems from other games. They’ll look great in the numbers later, but sure won’t be welcome teammates :stuck_out_tongue:

A world without them is generally a better one

1 Like

That’s a problem with the person not the meter.

3 Likes

100% this, but it’s a super common problem with persons :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why a happy medium has been reached. The tools to run it for self improvement are there, but not a part of every dungeon run so they aren’t being easily referenced to harass people in pug groups.

1 Like

Agree, I like the way the armory logs have been presented (after fight, go check it out). I’m a bit concerned with in-game meters becoming prevalent (I mean I built one for myself but… just for my curiosity) or being able to some how look up peoples’ historical stats easily through an armory. As long as the community doesn’t shoot itself in the foot there’s a TON of fun to be had for people who like to theory craft.

I’d love a lot more detail in the logs for that fun aspect, but I’d almost prefer if you’re logs are blind to anybody but yourself if we go that direction (ie abilities, people being called out for not clicking THE button they are supposed to click as THAT class… it’s driven me out of guilds time and time again… I WANT to fire arrow OK?) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

people getting toxic over a dps meter should immediatly quit gaming imo.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.