Before Defend the Realm officially started, there was a lot of discussion about how the reborn world (and the player participation in it) would be integrated with the lore.
One of the hidden strengths of Orbus has been it’s surprising amount of integrated lore, even if many players don’t pick up on most of it, and I’d love to be able to connect with the world better through a deeper understanding of what is going down with the impending world rebirth.
Personally for example, I’m interested in this notion that Guardian Bart sees whats coming and is stockpiling for the apocalypse, but I would love to know more, even if it’s just an in-game book, or a forum post giving us some more context. (Quests and more would be great too of course but I realize that’s potentially wasted work)
Various lore question brainstorming…
- What exactly is leading Bart to believe the end is nigh?
- Is Bart the only one seeing this coming? How are the other NPCs, factions and kingdoms responding to the changes?
- Do people not believe him? Is this contentious?
- Where are all these resources being stored and how are they going to be utilized?
- How do the players survive the breaking?
- How does what’s happening now tie into the history of the world, from the Essasa to the Realm of Chaos, etc.