ETA on the next roadmap?

Just wondering if we could get a rough estimate on when to see the next roadmap. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Definitely interested in this as well. I believe they’ve said that hard mode is expected in a couple weeks, possibly extra-hard mode some time after that, and then it’s mostly focusing on bug fixing and polish for a while leading up to full release. There have been a number of smaller features that have been discussed (like fellowship chests, etc) which I’m not sure would be counted among the polish items.

transmog also will be coming soon

2 Likes

Honestly the 2 things I’m hoping to see is rare treasures and rare monsters with low to large respawn times and of course mounts! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ll be announcing an official release date for the Hard mode Raids later this week. We’re using the next few weeks to figure out our plans for the next 6 months of the game’s development and after that we’ll be releasing some more information on what is coming down the pipe. At this point I think the plan is to begin work on the first expansion to the game, which will feature some very significant overhauls to existing stuff (like the world art), introduce new classes, etc. While that is ongoing we will still be putting out content for the current game as well, although probably not at the same pace we have for these sprints…it will be about finding a balance between keeping the current game engaging while working on large improvements that will take some time to complete but will be the “future” of the game.

8 Likes

Could you guys work on lore?

I know you guys are pushing out content a lot! And that is cool, but I would like to see some things tied and a more rich world. Since you guys will be working on world art it will involve thinking about the atmosphere that the world provides. Things like lore make the game feel more rich and would add to the atmosphere.

Also the small stuff also helps a lot! Like guild chest, transmogs, even a vendor that sells magical facial changes and adding more hair options, working on Friends list and the UI around friends and party.

Oh and if you do changes like hitbox detection could you do it on something like the websocket and tell us? I’m sure there will be players that will test it out and could give their thoughts before you roll it out to everyone.

Can’t wait for this addition, trying to pass out potions to moving targets is not fun. Would be great if fellowship members could just go to a guild chest.

Believe it or not, there is an enormous amount of lore spread throughout the world. The most direct lore stuff are books and optional NPC dialogue during quests, but there is also a ton of environmental storytelling.

For example, have you ever noticed that there aren’t traditional graveyards in Frosted Spit? When you die, you respawn next to a boat filled with wood in preparation for a funeral pyre, as the settlements there have viking influences. (I believe it was Airis and Malachite that first noticed that)

Another recent example is that Old Kingsport has gone from total ruins to being rebuilt by the restoration committee.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.