Feeling on level scaling system

I am a new player started playing OrbusVR in September. I am addict in this game and online every day. I get help from veterans who give me hits about the quests and help me to kill some monster with high hp. I quite enjoy grouping with them.

However, I stuck on the dungeon quest when I was around level 11 because of the level scaling system. I remember the quest is asking me to kill the shaggai boss inside the rainforest dungeon. I had asked some lv20 veterans to help me. They gave me the same answer that we need 5 people to do that due to the level scaling. I understand that a dungeon should be completed by a group rather than only one lv20 person. Thanks for the level scaling system. This system groups us together for the dungeon.

Nonetheless, as we all know that lots of players are from US, but I am from HK. There is a 13-hour time zone difference. When I wake up, most players slept, whereas, it reverses. It is difficult for me to form group with 5. I am really want to play the dungeon frequently, however, it is impossible for me. I can just spend lots of time for farming on the world map. I started helping other new players when they need help but not about dungeon.

Last but not least, I am not complaining about the level scaling system. It is no doubt that the level scaling makes dungeons to be more exciting and creates the opportunity for gathering players. Nevertheless, I am willing not to apply the level scaling system to the world map mods in OrbusVR - Reborn. I enjoy grouping with others but I also enjoy to kill mods with only one hit. If I kill the rabbit next to the Highsteppe as hard as inside Lamavora, I will wonder why I am chasing the new high-damaged gears and to get level high.

Thank you for reading my poor english writing.

1 Like

I got the same issue and yet the Shaggai boss is likely a bad example because it is - imo - easier to do it with level scaling. Before level scaling we went in with 3 level 20 players also, to help lower levels with that boss, because solo it always was a pain, even for a level 20. Or at least it took very long.
And now you have much higher chances to find five players via the queue, across all the levels, than running around and searching several 20s to help. I am sure if you tell a queue-group you need that boss they will do it.

To find a group I recommend the weekends, there the time difference is not so bad because US people play throughout the day, just hang around in the queue long enough and not only with one class, then it should work out.
Also you can ask in the discord if people would group up and help you with that. Or join a guild in your timezone.

But yea overall I hope the incentives to do the dungeon queue with a level 20 come soon, because the waiting times seem to get longer and longer, even if enough people are on.

Thanks for your suggestion.I am in the unofficial discord group. I asked for a group at rainforest 8-12 and desert 12-16 channel, only 1-2 people reply. Luckily, I joined a fellowship 2 weeks ago. It is a fellowship in Australia. Their +10 GMT time zone is much closer to my +8 GMT time zone. Although only a few people (around 5 - 20) online in my time zone, I am glad that I make some friends from the fellowship and I play with them most the time. Hope to make more friends from US in weekend. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.