I’ve been gone from Orbus for a long time and thought that this Beta would be a good chance to give the game another try since I really like tanking in MMO’s. Here are the things that I noticed on day 1.
What I really liked:
I like the new character customization. I imagine that it will get more in depth as time goes on, but it’s a huge thumbs up from me. I did have a small issue with the pointer changing the tab on me when I was trying to grab pieces.
Clickable UI. I like that you now have the choice between pointing and clicking on UI items and actually using your fingers.
Better graphics/weather. All of it looks amazingly nice.
More classes. Having only 4 classes was pretty boring, and I’m glad we’re getting the chance to diverge a bit.
What could use improvement:
Graphics intensity. I run a Titan XP and I had to switch from Ultra settings in Orbus down to normal settings in Orbus Reborn.
Gesture menu. This thing is popping up all the time again. It needs to be fixed where it only opens up when the player actually flicks their wrist, and without a weapon in hand.
Menus. Still having an issue with clicking on items without double clicking them. Trying to move items around in my inventory was a real big pain.
Changing classes. This is still terrible and needs to be fixed. Switching between classes takes forever to organize in your inventory. Swapping a sword for a mask should instantly de-equip all my warrior gear (including class specifics), and should re-equip my gear that I used the last time that I played shaman.
Leveling. Level 2 feels just like level 1, but with new enemies. Level 11 feels just like level 10, but with new enemies. The only time that it feels like you actually leveled up is at 5,10,15,and 20 because of the talent system. This is a major reason why leveling in Orbus is just… boring.
-Already posted to Paladin thread
- Thunder totem IS LOUD AS $%*!
- Unable to unsummon totems. Once they’re on the ground, they just stick around until the timer is up. I had to take my totems and chuck them off the side of a cliff to move them away to do stuff.
- It’s really hard to pick up loot instead of grabbing a totem or a fireball, hence having to throw totems off the cliff.
- Song orbs are not organic. It would make sense that the songs orbs would look like the spell they’re assigned to, but instead they’re not at all. Healing is purple, damage is blue, defense is red? How does that make any sense? If the intent is that you should be able to switch between songs mid-combat, then I should be able to recognize the effect the instant that I look at the orb.
- Casting Crescendo is the same motion as de-selecting the song. As I was attempting to play the bard, I would notice that my songs would get randomly turned off because as I was using crescendo, it would double-tap the orb. Please change it so that there are 2 different motions to do these. IMO, to change songs you should have to put away 1 baton and use your hand to activate/deactivate the orb.
- Background music stale and bland. I got annoyed playing this class as well because the song that plays is so monotonous, and the notes were so repetitive. 1,1,1…3,3,3…2,2,2. It doesn’t need to be Mozart level hard, something that looks a bit more like Guitar Hero, paired with a non-8-bit soundtrack would make the class a LOT more fun to play.
Warrior. Oh warrior… my first class. I was disappointed that this class hasn’t been touched since last I played (except combo recast was added). Warrior has so many issues and really needs an overhaul, especially when adding a new tank that will do the job SO much better. I really can’t see anyone playing warrior anymore with paladin being such a better choice. So here’s the issues that I have with warrior:
- Accidental shield bash STILL hasn’t been fixed. It’s only been about a year now.
- Sword Rush still has issues with some mobs where they’ll be standing on top of or inside the player.
- Hit detection is still way off
- ‘Up’ swing has terrible detection. Making combos incredible difficult to do.
- Shield breaking mechanic. This has to do with my time healing in raids. Having to choose between a tank taking spiky damage (Warrior) or one that takes constant damage (Paladin) it’s always so much easier to heal the constant damage tank.
- Kit. Warrior just doesn’t bring anything to the table compared to Paladin. Paladin has consistent damage reduction, the ability to teleport anywhere (not just to enemies/friends), self-healing, and a buff. Warrior has a longer cooldown on taunt, longer cooldown on stun, and major issues with its combo detection system.
I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get back into the game more with the new Reborn system, and have lots of adventures.