First Time Playing and Logging in Issue

Hi, I hope someone can help me as I am eager to begin playing after having heard positive reviews of this game.

After creating a character and logging in, I’m stuck at a screen with a “Guardian Bart” NPC in front and an hourglass icon that never completes.

I tried exiting and logging back in and the same thing happens.

Is there anything I can do to start?

Thanks in advance

At the log-in screen.
Have you tried swapping the connection mode from “default” to “simple”? That apparantly solves a lot of random issues for some :slight_smile:

Yep, I tried all three methods available with no change in result.
Let me know what else, I’m open to any other options.

Other than re-installing the game outside of the standard steam folder (which might not help, but if you have decent internet it wont hurt) I have no clue

Sounds like the cutscene that plays on the beginning is breaking your game. If you are able to open your in-game menu you can disable the cutscenes in your settings. I have no idea how being stuck looks like for you so :man_shrugging:

If you can’t disable the cutscene probably one of the devs can. Give your in-game name on the forum (Capitalization matters) so they can look at your character and maybe fix that. Lastly to help the devs futher if this is not the solution: start the game again and cause the bug and then close the game. Then send the output_log.txt file to [email protected] You can find that file at:

Thank you for the response.
Unfortunately I cannot even open the in-game menu.
I’m apparently frozen and cannot move. I have attached a screenshot for reference.
(Sometimes Guardian Bart stands there doing nothing).

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well as restarting between each instance.
I created another character and still have the same issue. Again, I messed with the connection issues.
I sent the output_log.txt file to see if they can help me.

Hope that you will get it fixed mate.

Just to make really sure :stuck_out_tongue:
Have you updatet you graphics card drivers?

Turns out that did the trick, I greatly appreciate it! It turned on a different character I was testing.
Riley from the support team was fast and was able to teleport my character as well.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.