Fisherman Mugon quest

I’m having exactly the same problem as in this post:

I crafted the lures, Mugon won’t talk to me, the chef has nothing new to say, and I can’t continue the quest line, in-game character name is there

You’ll need to let the Dev Dudes know your in game name so they can fix the quest for you

2 Likes

Hi, we’ll investigate your character after the weekend and see if there’s anything wrong with your data. Sorry for the frustration.

If you look at your journal objectives, does it say “complete: return to mugon” etc?

It just says to craft the lure still, like in the other topic, and like them I crafted a couple lures using both the eye and the tongue.

I also am having an issue where I can’t talk to him. My in game name is Darling.

Just to be extra clear, as we investigate this situation on your characters - you crafted the lures using the eye and tongue on the same lure, correct?

Then you received no objective update and your page looks like this:

But without the (Done)?

Yes, it still just says Craft Lure for Fisherman Mugon. I tried crafting one with only the tongue just now too and that didn’t update the objective either.

Yes that is exactly what I have.

Hang in there! The Devs are REALLY helpful and attentive to reports. They will have you sorted out in no time. Its one of the main things I love about this game (1 of them) is that the dev team is so involved with the community and dedicated to resolving any and all issues hindering experience. Best of luck and hope to see you around Highsteppe!

2 Likes

One more follow up question - so when you originally obtain that tutorial quest, it gives you a second quest in your journal named “Lure Crafting (Tutorial)” which only requires you to have a lure in your inventory and then speak with Mugon to complete.

Do you have that quest in your journal? And if so, what does it say when you have a lure in your inventory?
Thanks.

I don’t have a lure crafting quest and I’m not sure if I did initially because it was a few weeks ago when I got stuck.

@Mathieu_D Has there been any updates on this?

I’ll follow up with the team and see where we’re at on this.

We’ll have an update in the patch tomorrow that should take care of the objective you’re stuck on. I’ll update the thread when it’s live.

There was an update, but it might not have been the one you’re talking about, but I thought I should let you know anyway that nothing with my quest has changed. I craft a lure, nothing changes. I talk to the chef, he still tells me to come back when my reputation is two. I try to talk to Mugon, no reaction. Quest still says Craft lure with no done, and there’s still no separate lure crafting quest.

Sorry, correct - the update yesterday was for the DLC, and the tutorial fix for you will be bundled with the first patch. It’s looking like we’re going to have to do the update tomorrow as we’ve got a lot of fixes coming in it.

Thank you for your patience.

Not mentioned in the patch notes, but the patch that just went live removed the requirement for the objective you were stuck on, so you should be able to go directly from where you are (if you have the pole) and speak to Randel to continue the quest. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you Mathieu, it works perfectly now.

I’m pritty sure this bug is related to haveing your journal out when turning in the quest.

I literally always have mine out so it could be.