Fishing Class Ability - Stealth

Since fishermen are defenseless in the wilds , maybe we can earn stealth so we can fish peacefully.

Stealth would break on combat or movement.

8 Likes

stealth at level 20 fishing and it doesnt make you invisible but makes you mostly invisible unless someone is right within 10 or so feet of you… yeah i like that idea as long as its not overdone and its literally impossible to see someone stealthed… neat idea Damander

Slandaro

1 Like

Shouldn’t there be a high level potion that can allow you to see stealthed players from an increased distance, then? I feel like there should always be some type of counter-play. If there was no counter play then I would just sit around the wilds stealthed waiting for people… than I would jump out at them as a level 20 mage/ranger and destroy them. Such an ability could be the very thing used to gank you when you’re fishing…

4 Likes

Idea to counteract that: Make it unable to stealth as a bandit and unable to change classes while stealth.

2 Likes

I’m fine with the “unable to stealth as a bandit”, but I would go a step further an say you shouldn’t be able to change classes while a bandit.
As for “unable to change class while stealth”, what’s to stop me from un-stealthing and immediately changing classes?
I am fine with the stealth mechanic you describe as long as there is a counter to it (albeit even if that counter requires some skill to pull off).

i like the idea of high end potion to counter it something expensive to buy or make…

Slandy

How? The proposed ability would be for Fishermen and changing classes doesn’t increase your HP when switching so you’ll be just as fragile as you were as a fisherman as soon as you switch and reveal yourself.

Maybe attach the stealth to the fishing rod so that you are only stealthy when it is drawn but goes away as soon as the rod is put away.

1 Like

Maybe being a fisherman makes you defenseless but it shares the aggro range of your highest leveled battle class. I feel like it gives you more of a challenge to find the best fishing spots that are blind to the paths of wandering mobs, as opposed to being able to stealth and drop combat. If anything gets put in to help fisherman, it should be to stand tall and raise your arms so you look bigger to the oncoming prey. Stand your ground and they will back off :rofl:

Or let us fish proper armor, here a suggestion which would likely allow even me to fish in the wilds, if it works like it - cough - looks like, that is :smile: :sunny:

fishing-protection

2 Likes

Hm…they did mention about bringing in fishing equipment. The fisher can’t switch classes when attacked right?

Are the dev’s trying to avoid non class skill that levels? One way to circumvent this problem would be to have the fishing pole like the pickaxe. Attaching lures would be a problem though, but can be fixed by adding a combine option to lures, like the breakdown option. You can still level up in fishing but it wouldn’t be displayed as a class. Hence why I wonder if the dev’s are avoiding having levels that are non-class.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.