Fishing inside of highsteppe city

I never played preborn, but recently I am hearing more and more people talk about how much they really enjoyed the fishing that was available in the starting area. This is coming from both current players, and long time ago former players that I run into on other VR communication boards. Everyone mentions how it brought about a sense of community and togetherness. How they could sit there and fish for hours, having conversations with strangers and becoming friends.

I think that we really need to bring back something like this for the longevity of Orbus, as it currently is. I know people make the comments about Orbus dying and that is not where I’m trying to take the conversation, but with a smaller population this could really help strengthen the community and help create an introduction and bond between the newer player and the end game player. Smaller populations can seem larger than life with density.

There is that area in the Highsteppe underground that is blocked and unused, where the dev team secret spy camera drone is, I think this would be a prime spot for this and I have some ideas on how to incorporate it but I’ll wait to see if anyone agrees with bringing back this concept before continuing to bore you with my thoughts.

8 Likes

Maybe instead of more features inside highsteppe, they could tweak the map a bit - if Highsteppe lake faced the city, instead of being on the other side of the cliff, it would almost be in the same location as in Preborn. New people would be able to see it from the spawning area and wouldn’t have to fight a million mobs to get there :upside_down_face:

I miss the fishing competitions and random group ups. I think the biggest difference with Reborn is the water is so spread out - in Preborn, the water was discrete lakes that had obvious premium fishing spots where people gathered. One of my favorite fishing experiences came from people being concentrated together due to the geography (or in this case a bug - being able to teleport onto the roof :upside_down_face: )

3 Likes

Cries in cartography

Would be kinda neat tho +1

3 Likes

I remember when I started the game and got a mission to fish when I was a single digit green leaf. I had no idea where to fish and the first place on the map took me past every mob along the way. Not fun.

A lake near Highstep would make it nice for all levels.

1 Like

this fishing area that we are definitely not getting inside the walls of highsteppe…it would be neat to have the regular, non legendary, fish on a random rotation in this fishing hole so that you never know which fish are present, or which lure to use. this would also prevent over fishing of one species for eternity.

You get X fish for the next X hours, then it changes to Y fish for Y hours.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.