Fishing/Journal Suggestions

I really like potion making and fishing in games, and orbus isn’t an exception. However, it’s a massive pain to go and look up what lure combo I need for a specific fish, or remember where exactly to get that fish after catching them. Shouldn’t those recipes and locations get marked down somewhere after successfully catching said fish?

Also, if improvements to fishing are ever planned, I think the system could really be more fun if instead of having to take a break from reeling because your line is too red, instead have to read the fish and only reel when it isn’t struggling. Hence, if you catch a fish on the line the fish will start struggling. Instead of reeling at that point, you guide the line back and forth to wear the fish out, then reel while the fish is resting. This probably would make fishing take a bit longer, depending on how far the cast out is, but it would also make it more of a mini game rather than just standing there.

That took a lot more words than I thought it would, but that’s my two cents

4 Likes

if you are on PC, Potâto’s map has fishing locations and I believe lure combinations. If you are on standalone quest, we have created a discord server as a simple reference for locations and lures that you can quickly pull up on your mobile phone. You can find a link to The Forsaken Fisherman discord via the unofficial orbus community discord, or if you’d like I can DM you a link.

I know this is not the specific answer you are looking for, but I wasn’t sure if you were aware of the current options that are available to you.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I know there’s plenty of ways for me to figure out where and what to use. I just don’t think it should be necessary for me to take my headset off for it when it could easily be in the game.

4 Likes

this made me think, what if you could write notes in your journal. could be good for documenting lure combinations and just remembering what to do in general. sometimes I’ll log off when in the middle of something and it could be good to be able to check my journal when i log back on. There are seemingly infinite uses for such a simple thing.

4 Likes

A lot of vr games could use a note taking feature. MYST vr is hard to play because it didn’t put that feature in.

I don’t like the idea of playing fish in. Fishing is already a big enough pain.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.