Fishing Lure/Fish Name

Is there a way to add the (main catch) fish name in the lure description box? Also, can you make it so that the same type lure can stack in your chest in the player house? Obviously they have to have 100% 30/30 durability. :fish: :tropical_fish: :blowfish:

2 Likes

I would like to craft them in bulk (50-99) and keep them in one slot per lure type in my chest in the player house. They would only stack if they were new: 30/30 100% durability. Lures with less than 30/30 would not stack unless durability and lure type were exactly the same.

1 Like

I think it would encourage more people to fish. I know I get frustrated when I’m fishing and run out of lures, run back to the player house for more and find I have to craft new ones because all of the lures taking up space in my player chest are the wrong type!

I’m not sure if the fish name on the lure would make sense at all due to how the fishing system works. There isn’t really a “main fish” you get with a lure, you could catch multiple different types of fish. For example, if you have a tooth and tongue one, would that be a catfish, bass, or minnow lure?
It could work with legendary fish, but that just seems like a weird exception to make.

Stacking lures would be pretty cool though.

2 Likes

Stacking lures would be fantastic (fintastic?). The only catch would be that it would add a slight delay when fishing because you would need to pull one out of the stack and then equip it (given how the current inventory system works and considering the only the same durability stack together requirements). There would need to be a special case where you only move 1 to your pocket by default.

1 Like

Yes….you can choose one lure from the stack by using the add/subtract feature we use for potions/runemage reagents, etc.

I love the idea of stacking unused lures. It would be amazing! I agree that the name thing would be hard to implement, just because the ‘main’ fish does depend on your location. I will purposely build crossover lures sometimes just for fun if I need two fish that cross over and are in the same lake :slightly_smiling_face:

The other thing that could help with lures is changing the icon based on the attached ingredients. It could be as simple as overlaying the ingredient icon into one quadrant of the lure icon. Maybe like this? (Thanks to Orbus Market for the icons :upside_down_face: )
Idea

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.