Fishing lure's ingredients

There’s no one to give you hints on which lures work with which fish. I know google, discord etc are out there but I found the in game dialog helped.

One of the fishing bugs from the live game has carried over:

Fishing Line disappears as you finish reeling in the fish, lets you continue reeling in even though you have the fish, shows that there is no line coming out the end of the rod, can still see the line on the rod though, have to unequip fishing rod to fix which then updates the inventory to show you have the fish.

Can’t send output log from the launcher so going to email it over now

1 Like

Fishing feedback, most additionally to what was already noted:

• Found how to attach the lure, you need to hold it really really low and still, then it worked; all other angles did not work for me though
  • I lost tons of lures due to snapping; most of us are watching netflix while fishing, this shouldn’t turn into an activity where you have to stare at the lure; often I don’t see it red, even when focused and it snapped
  • Even with Int/Str potions rare fish are very hard to catch, they skip around like crazy and the lure snaps even faster; I hope after launch we get some options/rep (better rod?) which amounts to our old fishing gear stats
  • It seems there’s more reeling required than in the old game; I was able to fish an hour, max, before exhaustion, now it’s down to 20mins due to all the reeling needed
  • The base fish new players need to craft fishing potions are catfish and sunfish; around HS I get the irrelevant minnows though, most of the time
  • A fishing pond or any water closer to HS would perhaps be nice in the long run; the lake was an easy to reach gathering-place in the old game; now it’s quite a walk to get there
3 Likes

it does actually turn red, but it isnt as intense as the background color of the water (super bright), so it just looks white. What i ended up doing was turning after i hooked the fish so that the line was over the land (a much darker color) and then i could see the red.

This has to be a bug, i reported it. I had times where it went from right in front of me to the other side of the lake in a half second. I also saw it teleport to somewhere not even on the lake, i ended up having to give up on that lure after 5 minutes of reeling in.

i think this should be solved by making the lures more targeted. the way i think it should work is that each fish has one or two things it likes (that are separate from all other fish). This way, you would always catch a specific fish based on which lure you had,and not be nearly random and annoying when trying to catch a specific type.

2 Likes

Yea it could be like with the old game, the lures are the same afais, only the fish are placed in a way so that many with the same lure are together; that isn’t necessary though. We always had two types coming together in some spots, but there were other spots where you could fish only sunfish or only catfish, blimp was not spawning together with phoenix etc.

Btw, as for Clownfish: Got 2 or 3 bites per lure, max, with aged fishing potion on. This is also really strange, tried different lures in case something changed, but guess it did not, I was about to give up on that quest which comes pretty early in the questline, too.

Skipping Issue: Lost 3 lures trying to fish one single flounder (with the 2nd rod). This fish was always skipping a bit, but it was still neglectible with gear on. Regarded all the different mats needed for this lure and that it’s not even one of the most rare fish anymore, this should be way easier.

The axolotl were annoying because you got 2 other types of fish at that location with the axolotl lure

They removed large minnow from some of the areas in the last patch so you should be able to catch catfish and Axolotol without getting Minnow now

1 Like

I was talking in OG. The axolotl shared a space and lures with catfish and bass.

not bass I’m pretty sure, also you could get axolotl without catfish or bass in lamavora wilds

You could get them from the lake near heathrun track

ik and yeah, you would also get bass, my bad

And the worst part was, despite using a pure specifically for axolotl, you got them less often than catfish alone… And you also got about as much bass as axolotl. Maybe only 1/4 fish was axolotl. It was awful. This is why i suggested a different implementation for the lures

why didn’t you just fish em in the wilds?

Because you die in the wilds.

I have fished loads in the wilds and never once gotten killed while fishing.

I wasn’t talking about players. It is a total pain in the ass to get past the elite mobs.

1 Like

I used to be able to fish for hours without any trouble, I’ve been fishing in reborn quite a bit and I can feel it on my wrist already. Something really needs to change with the reeling cause it’s not good how it currently is

Lures are snapping far too easily now, probably because we don’t have the strength gear we used to have, the str requirement for the fish needs looking at or removed now we don’t have that gear

3 Likes

All I’m getting is eye and tongue lures showing on my rod still, it’s not showing any of the others lures at all. Also when it says you don’t have a lure equipped it is still showing as having tongue and eye on.

I am loving the new fishing stall in HS it would be great to have each fish in the wall with the ingredients needed to make its lure on the shelf underneath it.

Can anyone tell me where you get small tooth from the mods?

I’m pretty sure the dev’s stance on this is to try and discover it yourself, if you don’t want to do that then wait until the information starts to spread by word of mouth in-game and then eventually it will end up online, some of us have put a lot of time into finding the right/best combo’s for the fish we’re after so it would be a bit of a slap in the face to those players that put a lot of time into discovering the lure combos for themselves

I think you can get them in most of the zones, I haven’t really been paying attention to where I’ve been getting them cause I had a bunch from the live game, if you need some I can give you some though only 2 days left on the beta and I won’t get through all of mine in that time :stuck_out_tongue:

I ran into a bug where I would sometimes have the yellow outline from when you’re grabbing objects stay on my fishing rod when I stuck it on my hand and I was thinking something like this would be a good indicator for when you have a fishing potion active rather than my previous suggestion below as it will be more performance friendly though it will probably have to be a different colour than yellow or that may get a little confusing with the grabbing of items

I got most mine from the vulpes around Highsteppe, in general wildlife drops more ingredients than mobs.

Other than that, got that yellow-bug too.

Next issue: when fishing with a musky I often grab my turret while reeling… or the rod itself so it switches hands. Not sure if it’s related to the big-hands skin I got active, but it rather seems the reeling-thing is a bit too close to player model/rod for me.