Fishing rod not working

Every time i try to cast my fishing rod, the lure ends up back on my fishing pole. I have tried replacing the lure and the pole, but the same thing happens. P.S. i am fishing for sunfish in the waters near the chaos portal

Check your lure to make sure it is not at 0 durability. The lures have 30 durability when new, each time you cast you lose 2 durability whether you catch a fish or not. You also lose 5 durability if you snap your line. If the lure has 0 durability it will return to your rod as soon as it hits the water.

Other than that maybe try restarting the game, that usually clears up persistent glitches.

large portions of that pool is broken and cannot be fished in. Through some trial and error you can figure out which parts of the pond is fishable.

Thank you, those are helpful tips!

1 Like

Are you all sorted or still having issues?

I have never had any trouble fishing in that pond unless I am either in the water or so close to the water on the shore that I am below the level of the water and casting directly into an invisible wave…

I have not tried it yet, but i am always on the dock next to the chaos portal, not on the shore

Hey, I tried fishing again and it is working. Not sure why the problem occurred in the first place, but it seems like it is solved. Thank you for the help anyways:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.