Game won't even launch from Quest 2 home menu

As the title says, I cant even launch it, I’ve u installed it and reinstalled it but it still doesnt launch,when I click on it it blacks out as if to launch, and then I’m brought back to the home menu, and it’s only this app,when I launch YouTube or vrchat its just fine,what can I do? I’ve managed to launch it before,I mean I even have an account, I just dropped it before I finished the tutorial and had the urge to try playing it again but this is what I come back to, I’ve got no idea on what else I can do,I really hope this isn’t money wasted

Do you get an error message? Sometimes it’ll flash before it goes to the home screen.

Hi, if the game won’t even load to the first screen, it sounds like the install might be corrupted somehow.
Can you try reinstalling the application and seeing if that helps?

That’s the thing, I’ve u installed it before and tried reinstalling, but it’s not working, and I really have no idea how to access files on a vrheadset to fiddle with it like I would with an application in my computer files, also no error message is popping up, only a black screen when I try to like for like two seconds before I’m brought back to the home menu as if nothing happened

That is very strange. You mentioned you played before, was this a long time ago?

I dont know how to fix this. I may be a tech boy but this never happened too me before, so i have no solutions, sorry.

same thing happening to me. I just bought the game. played for about an hour or so. got a “lost connection to server” message in a dungeon. Now when I try to launch game, it just opens to blackness

Does it open into blackness before or after character selection? If after, you might try again. Sometimes server issues will cause a “black screen bug” that resolves once the servers are reset or something similar. If it persists, many times a dev has to teleport you manually back into your playerhouse. If it’s happening before character selection, then :woman_shrugging:

Uninstall and reinstall the game. Should fix it.

After player selection for me.

And now were not talking about the post.

We were talking about the thing where @Jimmy_C couldn’t even launch the game and now we’re talking about the black screen bug.

That’s actually what I’m trying to determine. If thomas is black screening prior to character selection, it would fit pretty well with the OP’s experience. If he is black screening after, it is most likely one of the two black screen bugs. So the discussion is still relevant. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.