Gameplay questions from a newb

Greetings. :slight_smile: Picked up the game the other day and I’m loving it so far. I’m curious about a few things before I keep diving in, though…

1. How much of a difference does a player’s level make in their overall ability to dish out or receive damage? Are there mechanics in place that make it difficult to fight higher-level NPCs, like spell resists and crushing blows?

2. Does equipment have level requirements? For that matter, what matters more in determining how powerful your character is – equipment or player level? For example, would a level 19 warrior with mediocre equipment be more powerful than a level 16 warrior with comparatively better equipment?

3. How important is crafting in the game when it comes to progressing through the game and acquiring gear / becoming more powerful? Crafting is something I have a notorious tendency to ignore in MMOs due to laziness.

4. What dungeons are there? Are they worth doing? How important are tanking / healing roles when it comes to successfully completing dungeons?

5. Is currency / economy an essential component of the game? I haven’t bumped into an AH yet, so I’m wondering if player trading is a thing at this point in the game’s development.

6. Is there a soulbound mechanic in the game, or is everything able to be traded / dropped?

7. What are some good ways to get some decent early-game equipment and experience – should I just keep following the quest started by the trainer dude?

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

1. Yes, there is an exponential growth curve (+25% damage or so) per level from 1-20.
  2. It doesn’t have level requirements, but the impact will be pro-rated down to the maximum for your level. So if you are level 1 and level 1 weapons have 10 damage and you somehow get a 1000 damage weapon, it will function as a 10 damage weapon. However, when you level, it will automatically function as the next level weapon, which is handy. It may also have some base stats that could benefit you.
  3. Artificing and Alchemy isn’t required while leveling, but makes a dramatic (up to like +50% total) impact on your damage output at max level.
  4. There are 7 dungeons, 3 of which are non-max level, and 4 of which that are. You can skip the lower level ones if you want, but the higher level ones are where you will get a lot of your initial level 20 gear. Additionally, they all feed into shard dungeons, which is an escalating difficulty randomized system for getting end-game gear.
  5. Not everyone participates in the economy, but it does allow you to trade your time in one area to benefit from another. Everyone is not millionaires, and it does take time to accumulate money, and there are expensive/valuable items in the game to buy.
  6. All gear is inherently soul bound. All consumables are droppable.
  7. Yes, read everything, ask questions, like you are doing now. Also, join the unofficial game discord for lively chatter and quick responds to just about everything.
1 Like

I think its 25% more hp per level

Weapons scale with your level to a degree, so say at level 1 you get a purple 1000 damage bow, you will still do just 16 or so damage that is the max for your level.
A level 20 using a level 1 bow also just deals 16 or so damage… so remember to equip better weapons

You can skip it and just buy most stuff. Some quest crafting is required.

Majo Keep, Rainforest grove, Dessert crypt, and 4 tradu labs, plus 10 shard levels on all of the mentioned. They are worth doing, and learning, and give major rewards.
Tank and heal is required, as well as a good strategy.

All the stalls are run by players.
If you don’t want to craft it is, otherwise… no not really.

Weapons and armor cant be traded. most other things can. Item will tell you if they are tradable or not.

Quests give fast leveling option. Also try killing enemies marked with red or starr if you can
higher level enemies =higher level gear and loot

1 Like

Tank and healers are the core of the team. If either of them dies, it usually means a complete party wipe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.