Getting a new system just to play this

Awesome advise… I’m going to purchase in the next 10 mins… last question… any major diff between the amd ryzen 7 and the Intel I7? Got it down to Alienware and cyber power pc???

I used to be a huge AMD fan (still am tbh). However, last time i bought an intel CPU because software usually works better “out of the box” on intel processors where that is not always true for AMD sadly (which is on the developers rather than the processors as far as i am informed).

However, i do not know if that is still the case, so you shouldn’t use the above in your decision but get some more and more recent opinions on that.

that sucks i never had any of these issues at all

Oh, one thing i forgot to mention:

• A lot of videos comparing vive and rift will also tell you that the HMD microphone is superior in the rift. Again, i am not sure myself if that is really true. Someone who owns both and has recorded with both are probably better suited to answer that one :smiley:

Isnt a gtx1070 the min recommended card for the vive pro?

Honestly both headsets are fine but both have their own set of problems. For rift, the headphones can go bad and stop working very easily. I know several people including myself, the headphones went bad. You can use another set of earbuds or headphones to fix it though. With the Vive, the wand controllers go bad pretty easily compared to others. Overall both headsets are good though. I prefer the rift because of the touch controllers.

Minimum for a vive pro is same as vive, being the gtx 970. However, a 1070 is recommended on the vive website. The regular vive, from my knowledge, works with gtx 1050 ti’s and gtx 960’s, but that would be bare minimum.

it does work with 960, however the framerate is not that stable, dropping below enjoyable sometimes

Yep, that’s why 960 and 1050ti are bare minimum, and will have drops in frames, in certain areas more than others. Never feel bad if your frames drop in the Desert Dungeon because not even a 1080ti can handle the Dragon boss room. Not directed at you G as you may already know :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I rarely have FPS drop there :grin:

Really? That’s insane I hate that room with a passion lmao

i havent had issues with headphones. but yes touch controllers ftw best controller

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.