Hard Mode Sephotep Shoots Orbs to?

Citadel Raid, Boss 4 Hard Mode. Multiple times today, he was shooting his purple orbs off into the sky.

Frustrating as that makes it nearly impossible to open the portal on blue shield. Twice today we ended up wiped when nearly completed because the game’s bugs prevented us from accomplishing the task.

EDIT: Blue shield, not red. I’m a goofy goober

1 Like

blue shield, not red. But ya, basically had it killed twice if not for that bug.

1 Like

The current working theory is that somebody who is being targeted is partially desynced at some point. This somehow means that one of the orbs cannot get a person to a target. I have seen this happen even on Boss 3.

On Boss 3, somebody desynced and they happened to also have an orb over their head. The orb cleared because a sky sun spawned right over them and they didn’t have to move. For the rest of the fight though, the suns went off screen. At roughly 02:04 the person who get the bomb over their head desyncs. You see the bomb clear because he’s close enough. At 03:10 the sun orbs start going off screen to the left. For the remainder of the fight, no sun targets the group. At 03:52 you also see it go off screen.

When it has happened for Boss 4, it seems to stick around way more often than for Boss 3. Once it starts going off screen, it continues going off screen and haven’t found a solid workaround quite yet.

When this happens, the direction the orbs go is towards the world center(0, 0, 0).

The red line in these screenshots go from the sphere to world center and that is exactly the path the orbs take when they break.

(as for how i checked this, I have datamined all orbus’ zones/dungeons/raids and put them into my own unity scenes in order to create my interactive and static maps.)

1 Like

Congrats on spelling sephotep right!

Would like to put extra emphasis on the fact that it will not stop shooting one of the two orbs in the sky when it start happening. So it is nearly impossible to open the portal. Because you will guaranteed only have 1 orb shooting off in the sky. Leaving you with 1 orb left to not be able to open the portal. EVERY time.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.