Heavy Breathing

I love this game, but one of the most annoying aspects is walking around hearing heavy breathing all over town. My solution is to just turn player sound off 90% of the time and only turn it on when I need to talk to someone. That being said a couple of possible solutions I would propose to enhance the game for people that get super annoyed hearing so much heavy breathing while playing the game.

1. Have the software recognize the difference between speech and heavy breathing and filter out all the instances of breathing. This might be a tall order?
  2. Have an option for people like me that don’t want to hear all that heavy breathing where it will convert their speech to text that will display over the character similar to NPC text. I know the technology for this exists, but not sure how hard it will be to implement into the game.
  3. Have an option where it will convert player speech to microsoft mary, alexa, siri or some other robot voice.

I’m guessing this is probably low priority for Dev and most players but for me personally it is the biggest issue with the game.

Just mute the individual players. There’s only a handful that do that, and it’s super simple. You then don’t have to deal with it and can still hear everybody else :slight_smile:

How do I tell which players are doing it? Just keep muting people and unmuting until it goes away? Also will it remember forever once I have muted someone?

The player will have a speaker icon by their name that shows they’re making noise. It’ll mute them until you decide to unmute.

Bro, the heavy breathing is like music to my ears

3 Likes

Having some noise cancellation software in would be great. Alot of other apps have it, so I wouldn’t be surprised its very common to get software for it.

Muting people is pretty easy to do @Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeshka is right, there is a speaker by their name. :slight_smile:

@Daniel_G The issue with your other options are the amount of programming required to make it possible, combined with the issues they would create.

1. Have the software recognize the difference between speech and heavy breathing and filter out all the instances of breathing. This would start filtering out people actually speaking, it already happens all the time in other programs that use noise suppression.

2. Have an option for people like me that don’t want to hear all that heavy breathing where it will convert their speech to text that will display over the character similar to NPC text. I know the technology for this exists, but not sure how hard it will be to implement into the game. This would be very heavy on the resources required to run the game.

3. Have an option where it will convert player speech to microsoft mary, alexa, siri or some other robot voice. This would also be heavy on resources. You could, however, find something that would do that on your end so that it does not tax the system.

I know my response is not corresponding to the topic but first dev needs to fix the intermittent voice chat. We’re struggle to re login to make vc work and… may be in process of fixing this they may have to change voice chat sub system and may be those feature to auto mute non speech voice may included.

the heavy breathing dont bother me only the people with to poping mics if you have done shards mostly the heavy breathing from tanks and very rare chance a mage or ranger

I’ve since turned my voice volume down so that everyone is whispering … God I dont know why I didnt do this sooner … I’ve been cringing to screamers and town criers until now …

Now I just bump global volume if I hear a mouse trying to talk to me.

Same. Also, listening to music or your guild’s discord is much more relaxing than to someone’s TV or the ieeeeeek scrtchhhhhh pfffffff scrrrrrtch of a Quest mike (seriously, how can the quest mikes be so bad? It’s terrible what kind of noises these sometimes produce, pretty sure without the players even knowing if they just started out …)

1 Like

not only quest rift s have the same issue

Instead of adding all of these different software into the game. The devs can just add another button that would mute the players voice only and not everything about them like the current mute system does.

I say we just reintroduce the practice of yelling “Mouth Breather!” and pointing at the person, then getting everyone else to do the same. It was a fun but effective way of getting this to stop.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.