Hm citadel generally buggy

Today we did boss 3 into boss 4 and the amount of desync/buggyness seemed way more than usual. We realised whenever we have fought boss 4 before that it would be the first thing we do and wondered if that was related.

So we left the raid instance, relogged and reformed party for a fresh start/instance on only boss 4. This cleared up all the issues it seemed. No more; invisible pools, invisible tank busters, boss stuck in walking animation.

A hunch I have is that boss 3 sky suns/cogs are messing with something and causing issues. It’s not uncommon for them to be stuck in the air for the instance that everyone can see.

It also seemed to be a bad day for orbus bugs in general the past 2 days so it could be something else but seeing as the problems eased sooo much from a fresh instance and relog, the evidence points towards a big issue on boss 3

8 Likes

To be more precise:

• We killed boss 3 only.
  • Went to boss 4. Could not even start killing it because almost every pool and some tankbusters were invisible for at least one person on every try.
  • Everyone left raid instance.
  • Everyone completely restarted their game outside.
  • We reformed party.
  • Went back to boss 4 and immediately all bugs gone.

The theory behind it was, if anything in the instance is thowing errors we get desyncs. So restart instance. But if any player current state is causing desyncs rejoining instance has no use. So we also had to completely reset every player by letting them completely close out of the game.

1 Like

Oooooo, I did it today also with another group on boss 2 citadel hardmode. We had alot of desync invissible stuff happening. So we did the same trick of leave instance restart game and reform party. And I haven’t heard people complain about many problems since.

It seems like the new magic trick against extreme buggyness xD

Hi, thank you for reporting this, that is interesting. We’d like to hear more if this keeps being your experience where if an instance is going badly re-entering fixes everything. That does give us a clue on what may be causing it and we’ll investigate further.

Let us know if this keeps being the case.

1 Like

Did a normal citadel and boss 4 was similarly glitchy in terms of no tankbusters occasionally and no red circles also from having done all the previous bosses. I don’t think this helps since its normal so we just pushed through XD but it did occur after previous boss fights in the instance.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.