How do you properly quit the game?

Hello, real noob here, just finished the training ground and entered my house. So far so good, reminds me of early EQ1 which is nice and hearing people talking when you are close to them is just unreal.

Now my question: how do you properly exit the game? I can go back to the “screen” where you choose your character but I dont see how to exit from here. (rift here)

In the Options is the Logout button

Just put down your Headset and close the game via desktop.
Shouldn’t matter how you close it once you logged out.
Personally i just teleport into my home, put down the headset (not logged out) and just Alt + F4 the game.
Never ran into any problems so far.

If you can get to your screen where you see your character, look for the cog (I will be towards the end of the list of icons like person, bag, three people). In the cog, on the right hand screen on the general tab, log out is at the bottom.

Just a run down from the menu- the one person is people nearby, the bag shows your character and items, the three people is social and you will find friends and fellowship under there, then it’s messages and settings (I believe)

Quit app works fine if you logout first but a propper quit button would be nice for the title screen.

1 Like

Yeah, this would be good.

FWIW, I logout back to the character select screen and then kill the app from the main VR console’s “Exit App” function.

Yes a proper quit button would make me feel more relax (all files are closed, registries are neat, memory is clean, processes are killed and so on…)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.