How is the game doing?

Hey to everyone,

I was curious how the community and the development team feel about the vitality or maybe even the enthusiasm of the players staying active in this game? There seems to be a fairly active, if in some opinions considered small, end game community but does anyone know the average retention rate of new players or the average play time / character level before not coming back? And maybe even reasons for not returning?

Looking at the player activity graph there are spikes for a while but numbers seems to bottom out over a short time. I’m sure it is current pricing of the game along with the quest 2 launch that is creating the current player spike. After reading some of the reviews on Oculus and Steam, the game gets mostly positive posts with what looks like older / veteran players leaving posts rebutting any “negative” reviews. Everyone, at least in the reviews, comments on the positive environment and community within Orbus. I am proud to be within that positive community even if I am not as active as I once was.

Are there ideas to help keep the new, satisfy the current, and bring back the old players? Things that can be organized by the community on a regular basis and advertised by the Orbus Team.
Maybe more social things outside of the traditional gather and kill world bosses, 10 man raids, or the new player training day (although I hear this is a popular event).

I have really enjoyed my time in Orbus and just hope to keep the player population high to make the world feel alive.

I know some of the following ideas might be considered dumb, but I wanted to at least start some brain storming ideas.

• A social planner for Orbus for events inside and outside of Highsteepe.
  • I know this has been mentioned but a “helper” tag for trusted Orbus mentors.
    Event ideas:
    Mic night / karaoke / “Bard” night
    Storytelling / Comedy
    Hide and seek or Tag- a modified pvp game (I guess a simplified version of trickster goblin)
    Target practice ( shoot the bottle) / randomized spell casting / simple class tournaments like mage tourney from OG Orbus.
    Scheduled and multiple New player training sessions
    Maybe a planned battlegrounds night or raid night again for newer players to know when would be the best chances of getting into a raid or battlegrounds when they don’t have a guild.
    Guild recruitment night maybe once a month.
    If there are guilds that organize things like this, they should be able publish it under an events tab in the game with a calendar showing the event details and the guild should be rewarded / given some type of incentive for organizing such events, in my opinion.

Just some ideas. Love to hear everyone’s opinions on this.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.