HTC Vive sleeping mode

Hey everyone,

yesterday i went to the lake at Highsteppe to do some fishing when i realized that my Vive would blackout if i don’t move my head for like 10 seconds.
Is there a way to deactivate this or lenghten the timer before it blacks out?
I mean, i kinda like fishing, but i need to either stand or move my head… And if i do fishing i’d like to sit back in my chair and lean back… which, obviously, i can’t do if it blacks out on me…

If anyone could help me with this that’d be great!

Greeeeeetings :relaxed:

I’m think that may have something to do with the lighthouse sleep settings. I think it’s under the Bluetooth settings. I don’t have it enabled so unfortunately I can’t check for you.

1 Like

I’ll check once i come home, thank you!

Same thing happened to me. At first I was freaking, out cause I thought something was wrong because it happened like 3 times in a row, until I realized what it was. Then I was like :sweat_smile:

Did you find a solution for this @Timothy_F?

Nope, tried a couple of different things in settings but didn’t find a solution.
My personal solution was to listen to music and move my head a bit. Cause any amount was enough.

1 Like

If it’s blacking out it’s likely losing tracking if it’s happening as soon as 10 seconds. My guess if this is correct, is that the chair you are leaning back in is also blocking a few sensors from reaching the lighthouse.

It sounds like the same problem lots of people have been having with the latest nvidia drivers. The only thing that seems to actually fix it is rolling back to version 388.71 or earlier. the 390.xx drivers seem to be causing the issue of vive going black/shutting off after approx 10 seconds.

You are describing a common compatibility issue with the Vive, the latest NVIDIA drivers, and certain hardware (possibly Pascal GPUs?).

If you reboot your computer, you’ll get at least one good launch.

Right now, the only known permanent fix is to roll back the NVIDIA drivers.

2 Likes
  • Fixed issue with the screens on the Vive going to sleep even though the user was wearing the headset.

From today’s SteamVR update. So maybe you won’t have to roll back after all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.