I hate making this suggestion, but how about a do not queue with list?

Yes, having more specific queues might help with the leaving issue at least, but then everyone is just going to spam broken halls for fast runs.

The only time where I can see using exploits is when you have someone with accessibility issues (such as colorblind and ancient temple dungeon. Seriously, try finishing ancient temple with 5 people who are colorblind.).

I enjoy doing sewer quite a bit so I’d queue for that. Or maybe crypt to finish my mission.[quote=“Nol_Mimi_Reyalta, post:21, topic:21780”]
such as colorblind and ancient temple dungeon. Seriously, try finishing ancient temple with 5 people who are colorblind.).
[/quote]

I have problems with colors and all I need is for them to tell me the color of the shield and I have no problem knowing where the pillars are. Now 5 colorblinds may be a little bit of a problem lol.

It wouldn’t be that rare if you really think about it but the likelihood that 5 color blind people run a shard/dungeon together is low and not to mention there are various types of color blindness. You would think since this is something you’ll have to deal with your whole life you would figure out what color looks like what to you. Also between the differences in color blindness they could even help each other out. As long as there is one person who knows what everything is and looks like they can do call outs and everyone should be able to work together to complete the dungeon. If you can’t then there’s something to work on as a human in real life as well as a player of the game. With that said there is NO excuse for using exploits.
As far as actually fixing the colorblind issue that should be a graphic option in settings that devs would have to create and implement and who knows when they’ll actually get to that. It’s only as urgent as how many people actually complained about being colorblind and not being able to tell the difference.
Carnage completes all content without using any exploits whatsoever. In Old School and Reborn we don’t cheat.

1 Like

For now if you’re really that bothered get more involved with the guilds in the community and join their discords. It’ll be easier to find pick ups in the discord servers then it would be waiting in game for randoms, you’ll also most likely come across higher skilled players too.

1 Like

Oh, I agree that you shouldn’t cheat in an online game. I will use exploits if the party forces it, but otherwise, I prefer to do things properly (at least in Orbus). Just saying that I can understand exploiting a mechanic to get around a lack of accessibility options (Luckily, so far the most colorblind players I’ve had in a party was 3 (including myself), so there have always been 2 that can call out, though that can drop to 1 if one of the 2 is the tank). Like I’ve used exploits in other games because we had someone who was seizure prone (to bypass what was causing the seizure reaction) and the publisher/devs did not want to add an option for that (apparently there weren’t many players who were seizure prone that actually wanted to keep playing the game - I wonder why).

And in my case, I’m not colorblind exactly, I just can’t perceive/identify colors properly (I can’t identify distances visually either - I rely on sound and math to tell distances). With a bit of memorization, you can learn what color each pillar is, but my point was more being able to tell what color the shield or fog is (Though fog can be memorized, it can be hard for me to tell which fog is which when I can’t perceive colors well. Especially ‘yellow’ and ‘green’ phases, they register as identical to me, so I rely on my health bar or callouts to identify which is which (which is why if someone is too close to me, my timing breaks since I assume I’m in the damage over time phase).

Also note that it is harder as well with callouts because of the delay (someone has to react to it, then I have to wait for the (negligible in most cases) wait time to receive the reaction, then I have to react to it). Usually not a problem, but it does make some things mildly harder in shards (even worse when someone does a wrong callout). Callouts are another reason I don’t turn off sound.

(And like I’ve said, I usually enjoy playing with new players and teaching them. As long as they are willing to learn, that is. Since a lot of what I enjoy about dungeons is teaching newer players various ways to do the dungeons, doing them with a fellowship isn’t really what I’m looking for so much (that and most end-game geared fellowships I’ve seen are on a different schedule than me and/or have entrance requirements. Even my current fellowship, I really only have one day that truly matches with them, though it is the day that matters since it is the day I play the most.))

As for people doing non-broken halls. Yes, there will be some that will do them, but based on feedback I’ve received doing dungeons and talking with other players, a large number of players would just run only Broken Halls if they had the option. Sewer and Crypt are often heavily avoided and are where, from experience, players seem to have the least tolerance for failure (This could probably be fixed with better shortcuts, but redoing levels would be way more work, imo). Broken Halls is easily where players have the most tolerance unless someone is standing on the balcony leashing the boss repeatedly. That is why I suspect that if people could choose, many players would focus on Broken Halls. (Though this could be offset with buffs for other dungeons that make them more appealing based on how many people are queueing up for them in a rolling week/month, that is also extra work).

just refuse. There’s a group I run with that always skywalks on Crypt. I will not do it. I don’t care if it means we break the shard. Just don’t.

2 Likes

But then I’d be causing problems for my party :S

On the contrary. They’re causing problems by trying to exploit the game. The devs have stated that it’s an exploit they don’t want players abusing.

You’re in the right by trying to do things correctly, even if it means breaking the shard.

Exactly what Mishka just said, you simply just don’t do it. They can’t actually force you to do anything period. So if you use exploits it’s bc you choose to not bc anyone forced you to do it.
Also multiple long time players have came in and provided many options for you to go about this but you seem to want to argue all of them and turn it down. I can tell you this in the three years I’ve been here and seen situations like this one, when you have so many other options provided like there was and you’re just turning them all down bc you want specifically one thing isn’t going to work out for you. The devs are gonna see this and see how the community worked around it vs one player and they will see there is no urgency to need this fixed when the players themselves can work around it.
If it was such a game killer you would just stop playing end of story but in reality you’re gonna run into this situation in any mmorpg you go to.
As you pointed out it’s not against any rules to leave a dungeon early so the devs aren’t going to punish anyone for doing it. To just implement a block system isn’t even as easy as you’re implying it is. That’s something that could take them months to work on and implement if they aren’t already working on it, plus they have other goals they want to reach first. So In all reality whether they do something like the block system or not it’ll be months to a year from now before we see it. Therefore in the mean time you as a player have to find a way to work around it no matter what. There are many options provided for all your complaints and there are many more that weren’t. Don’t take the bad players play style to heart so much. Just shrug it off and remember them yourself and know you don’t want to play with them period.

So you’d rather break rules so your party doesn’t get screwed over? I’d like to assume not. In exploiting these bugs you are violating the tos or coc (idk the difference). Doing something like sky walking on crypt shines you in a negative light and makes people not wanna run with you. What they’ll think of when they see you or consider inviting you is this person exploits bugs gladly, why would I run with them? Tbf, if your team gets mad at you because you won’t break the rules, consider running with other people.

1 Like

So even if I’m the only person in the party that is against it, it is fine for me to refuse? I’ve had at least two groups now that skipped to the final boss with the paladin hammer (which I’m not sure if it counts as an exploit) and at least one that skipped using an exploit (I was the only one that fought my way up to the first boss while the rest of the party skipped to the final boss). It was annoying to say the least.

One time, it was just the tank that wanted to skip, but the group needed a tank to do a weekly at the last minute (I only joined to help them get their weekly done) and I didn’t know (I think only the tank knew about it), so I had already joined in when I got extremely confused by the skipping. (Do note that I didn’t even think of it as an exploit at the time).

I mean, for me, I didn’t know most of these exploits were exploits until later because everyone seemed to consider them legitimate strategies. (That scroll in the bushes and the door issue I had (still have) did not help since it made me think that walking out of bounds was a normal thing). I do try to convince and teach people to do it the right way now that I know it is an exploit, but sometimes the party is super adamant about using exploits and some are used so often that I don’t even realize (such as going up the ramp on airship to deal with pistolers) until much later.

And yes, I do want something to be done. I shot down some suggestions because they just simply don’t work with me (I can’t turn off sound or I can’t do dungeons). And I mentioned a few issues I’ve seen with certain alternatives because I can see them being a problem.

Certainly, they could change the terms to include things like tonal harassment and dungeon leaving, but those are also harder to define without hitting people who aren’t being abusive.

And I do programming and debugging work myself, so I know that there is a lot of work involved in any changes in the code if the changes weren’t prepared for already. Sometimes code can get so bogged down that it is faster to scrap the code and build and brand new program (though that rarely happens because nobody wants to redo all the work even when it would be faster to).

I just don’t want to be that tank that leaves the party because I see someone who I know will be trouble for me in the dungeon. (And yes, if mute actually worked, it would be a solution for at least that). I just know that in many cases, I’ve seen people who were happy they finally got into a dungeon after many minutes of queue only to have the party break up middle of the first boss.

I want to be going around helping newer players to learn how to do dungeons (properly). There are a few things that I still don’t know if they count as exploits or not (such as using ghosts/turrets as shields), but I’m sure that as I learn more about the game. I do shards more for fun than progression so my problem isn’t so much doing the dungeons as much as it is just that I happen to see the worst of the community.

Even now, I get more runs than I’d like where if they want to skywalk. I’d have to wait a minute and redo my guardian, plug myself into the wall, and then go: Can’t skywalk because I’m plugged in right now. (It is very difficult for me to lie on purpose).
Even then, they might go: well, you can just stay on the bridge then. The question then becomes: What do I do then? Do I still play normally as if they weren’t skywalking or do I sit completely out? Even if I didn’t skywalk, I’m still participating in the gains if I don’t leave.

It’s perfectly acceptable to refuse to cheat. If people give you trouble, tell them to stop cheating :slight_smile: People get the idea quick. During Lich King in particular I just go behind him and wait a little bit so I don’t pull aggro.

2 Likes

Saying youre recording and streaming to your FBI agent seems to do the trick. Something about loud pounding on your door along with Riley counting down makes people move

Impersonating a Federal Officer is a felony though, iirc. I can’t do that here because it would be against the law.

Facebook/Oculus won’t do anything unless I can find the person’s actual Oculus/FB name AND it is against their ToS.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.