I purchased the game through steam

I purchased the game through steam but I read on reddit that it is a “Minimalized” version of the game compared to the oculus store version. But then I read it was cross play. doesnt cross play means it gives you a redeem key for you to use on your oculus store? can somebody assist me please?

Cross play means that different platforms can play with each other. Stream has a free minimized version of the game, think you might be talking about that. If you payed, you get the full game.

3 Likes

It’s Cross-play or cross-platform meaning that all platforms can play together. Quest, Rift, Steam…
It’s not cross-buy between the Steam and Oculus store but it is cross-buy for Rift and Quest. I’m pretty sure the Steam and Rift versions are the same graphics. Quest and Quest 2 versions have reduced graphic settings.
Steam does have a refund policy for any title that is requested within 14 days of purchase and has been played for less than 2 hours.
I personally play the Rift Version from my Quest 2 using Virtual Desktop Streamer.

Just in the process of upgrading my PC to try the rift version on my Quest 2.

If I play the Rift version, do you know if your Quest 2 character carries across, or is it limited to the device you created them on?

carries across

1 Like

Just make sure you use the same login.

1 Like

Have you used the link cable or just virtual desktop? I’m wondering if there’s much of a difference.

If you have a good router Virtual Desktop is the same as using the link cable. Virtual Desktop Streamer uses a lot of battery power on the quest which is why some users prefer the link cable. I usually play with the headset charging while using Virtual Desktop.

FYI: I had a bug/glitch with the audio on my link cable after installing Virtual Desktop. My mic wasn’t working on the link cable. You will need to reinstall the Oculus drivers if you have the same issue. It’s a simple fix.

To install the latest Oculus drivers:
Close the Oculus app.
Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers .
Open oculus-driver.
Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again.

1 Like

Brilliant - thanks for the tip!!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.