Ideas for shaman buffs

not a good reason. ranger can hold an arrow longer and is just as simple and easy as shaman.

If the super is awful, doesn’t that mean it would be better to be the source of the party buff? That would make it more useful

1 Like

why should shaman get a party buff thats only available for a few seconds every now and then? I’m not against it but that shouldn’t be its only party buff.

As you’ve said, the damage shaman does is fine (aside from bugs, which I don’t think anybody is arguing against fixing), which means adding a buff would either boost the dps and skew it or be such a pitiful buff that’s up constantly and wouldn’t really change much.

A common thing I’ve experienced and talked to other shaman players about is that the super is useless, as you’ve also stated, so adding a temporary higher boost would compliment the burst damage of the shamans well and shouldn’t alter too much of the current content

3 Likes

ive already done the math. a 5% boost would make me hit around 95k dps which js 4k more. not skewing anything or making anything op.

Your argument is for a party buff, doing numbers for your independent dps isn’t relevant. If you have one healer, one tank and 8 dps pulling the same numbers as you, that’s a consistent extra 32k for the fight. Given that there are mages, rangers and scoundrels that hit higher than that, it can increase further from there

With the addition of +7s and not much more difficult content being added, things burn ridiculously fast as it is.

I don’t personally see the need for any extra buffs, but I do agree that the super is lacking and being a class with no party buff I see it as a balanced way of managing both. It’ll effectively be like a bard buff but instead of a rainbow effect, it’ll be a cute doggo chomping away and adding it’s own damage

3 Likes

things dying fast isnt a reason not to add a buff. things dying fast could be a reason for harder content or nerfing classes but that isnt the topic of the post. my numbers are very relevant since im the one almost hitting shaman cap and hitting the highest in the class since the idea of it hitting too high was brought up.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.