Implement SteamVR overlay for VR Treadmill Compatibility

Could you please implement SteamVR overlay for OrbusVR?
(I dont know if this should be a suggestion or a technical issue.)

I need that because i cant use my KAT Walk Mini (VR Treadmill) when the game doesnt use the SteamVR Bindings.
Anyone knows this problem and know something to troubleshoot?

2 Likes

I just googled KAT Walk Mini

significant timeframe of unintelligible excited jumping up and down while shrieking

Good luck with that getting sorted, and I can’t wait!

1 Like

Hi, could you give us more details about which overlay or bindings these are?

The KAT Walk changes the inputs of the Left-Controller-Thumbstick in SteamVR and plays it back to the System. In Orbus i cant use the menu button of the left Controller to cast the SteamVR Overlay in wich the KATIO Software runs. Look in other Steam Games like SkyrimVR and click the left menu button and you know what i mean.

This may sound like an odd question, but are you using a Vive headset or a Rift headset with the game?

I’m using a Rift Headset, but it doesnt matter why the Treadmill doesnt work with OrbusVR :smiley:

I could give you the contact information of the KAT VR Support, maybe you can fix that together?

So I think what’s happening is, we don’t use SteamVR by default when you are using a Rift headset, we use the Oculus SDK directly.

If you follow the instructions here to enable openvr mode it should fix it to do what you want I think:

Oh thanks, that may solve the problem, i’ll test it as soon as possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

How’d it go? :grinning:

1 Like

It works to start with steamvr but the Treadmill doesnt work in this Game, i dont know why

Sadly the walking locomotion is very non optimal for dodging aoes.

I wouldnt use it for combat xd, the treadmill is only additional.

Did you try changing the in-game locomotion settings around?

It needs free locomotion and i already set this ingame. It should be used as the thumbstick of my left controller and there was free locomotion as i tried. But no movement by using the treadmill.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.