In-game Memorial for Yde

Any way the devs could immortalize our fallen friend Ayden in-game? A tombstone in the Highsteppe graveyard perhaps?

4 Likes

As of right now, there is a service that will be happening on memorial day at 1:30pm EST.

2 Likes

i know. I will be there. I was simply suggesting something the devs could do in memory of.

They could add another statue of his characters likeness somewhere in Hulthines Basin, perhaps even just a mini-one

4 Likes

A statue would be nice, I would support that. It could be in the basin or even just a mini statue in kings port graveyard.

I thought of just an inscription on an existing grave stone saying ‘Yde, friend to all’.

2 Likes

Not to be a downer, but IMO there should not be put something like a statue in-game for him.
I don’t know how to word this well, so I’ll just use the words from someone else.

It might give a false promise to those in a similar mindset that if they’re gone they’ll get the attention they need/want now.
It would also not be “fair” to other orbus players who might have died, but we weren’t notified.

I have more thoughts on it, but don’t know how to put it into words. I know there are a few others who agree, maybe they could add on a bit.

9 Likes

That’s why I thought an engraved name and a few words on an existing grave stone. So there is nothing extra in game but he is remembered.

I thought this because if the game is added to each time a player passed we could end up with more monuments than open space.

I think this is the best way forward I can see. A discreet permanent memory of a great player and no additional in game items.

It still comes down to the old thinking of “if I do it for you, I have to do it for everyone”. I think the in game memorial ceremony is a great idea.

Fine… it was just a nice thought in memory of a great person.

Maybe you are right “if I do it for you, I have to do it for everyone” I am worried that we may end up with a game full of monuments to the deceased, that would be a bit morbid. I see no reason why the library cannot hold a book listing fallen heroes. At least players have the option of not reading it but those who want to can remember their friends.

1 Like

Yes I know. Yde was my friend too and I did raids every week so I want to honor his memory as much as possible but something like a gravestone isnt realistic unfortunately.

1 Like

Thinking about it I agree, no in game monuments. That’s why I suggested the book where a player can choose to read it or not.

2 Likes

I also agree to no in-game monuments (of any kind).

After talking with some of the more emotionally vulnerable members of our community, keeping them alive and well has to come before comforting those who are grieving.

Having a huge funeral where everyone talked you up and immortalization in-game was described both as “appealing” and a “good deal”. Which is horrible.

We need to avoid that; show our friends and loved ones that they are leaving their mark on our community by what they do every day to make Orbus an amazing place for all of us to be.

Tell them what they are doing now touches us deeply, we feel it, and we feel them. That is way more lasting than anything else ever could be.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.