In game time and battery indicator would be nice

Playing sometimes make you forget the time or even that you will soon have to plug your device (in my case the oculus quest)

It would be nice to have the hour, and it will also facilite event organisation, everybody would be at orbus hour.

And the battery indicator would be a life savior, how many time I lost a shard or my dungeon just stopped in the middle because I was out of battery.

4 Likes

Your headset should notify you that you’re power Is low right? I do agree that an in-game clock wold be beneficial.

1 Like

nope, the quest does not notify, and yesterday, I was in a shard 4 and bam during the second airship boss my quest just stopped :frowning:

Really? I thought it does when the headset is at 20% or something. If it doesn’t then yea, a quick way to see what the headset’s battery life is would be a good idea.

1 Like

Yea a proper ingame clock would be really nice to organize events etc.

As for battery indicator, there’s countless headsets around and most have no battery! Controller batteries are rather the issue. The rift gives out a warning about these, I guess you’re on a quest, it’s odd there is none, however, you just need to press one button to see the status on Oculus Home.
So I don’t think this feature is doable or makes sense to be done by an app. This is just what every vr user just has to get accustomed to, even a warning would not help much in a dungeon, it will interrupt gameplay this or that way, since it only comes minutes before battery is off. So always make sure it is charged before starting a run or set an alarm once you know how long you can play with a fully charged headset, approximately.

Marshmalllow has a point. Plus you can play with the headset plugged in so you can have it on charge if you need that etxra hour or two.

OT: Btw my name is Metris… or are you calling people by their last names, as a habit ?! :smiley:

But… Marshmellows are super squishy and yummy :drooling_face:

Jo Voidwalker what’s up… :smiley:

Kind of by habit lol that and Im hungry.

and maybe turn it on and off in the settings

I have to do exactly this. I have a Vive with the wireless adapter. There is exactly zero indication of battery life in the software. I have to look at the lights on the battery pack. I literally set a timer for 2 hours when I turn the headset on. It’s the only way I can prevent surprise power loss. If Vive can’t be bothered to implement this feature, I can’t imagine it would be easy for Orbus to create a 3rd party battery monitor.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.