In-Game title: Gunter

I was wonder about the achievement called FREE MARKOS - Find and speak with Ethan when he’s ready to discuss the past. Title: Gunter. Ive asked around and no-one seems to know how to start the quest. And since in game titles were not around in pre-born this quest must be achieve-able, right?! I had Potato run around and show me the 7/7 book locations, but he also could not remember how to kick off the quest. Any clues or help would be much appreciated, thank you!

1 Like

PicsArt_06-13-10.15.42 PicsArt_06-13-10.14.34

Do these help?

1 Like

Nope, think i might bring that look back tho. :heart: u

if i remember correctly once you have free markos from citadel go to sorrows cave new the lair and you can talk the a man there

You could get this way before you could free Markos.
Afaik, it’s supposed to be for just picking up the 7 books named something I don’t remember. However as next said that didn’t work.

Also side note, the mission used to be called “Missing brothers”, no idea when it changed.

Yesss, thank you! Ethan IS in sorrows cave by where the dlc lair entrance is. So i waved at him and it gave me the achievement and title. :innocent::hugs:. Side notes…… not sure if its a requirement to have all npc level 8 reps, but ive recently done this…. Could be a requirement for ethan to talk, not 100% sure tho. Also, those 7 books…….did they come into play??? Hopefully i can update if i learn more. Thanks again for the info!!

1 Like

oh, so I guess you need to pick up the 7 books then talk to Ethan(I’m almost 100% sure you need the 7 books)

1 Like

Ethan’s alive!!???!!

you do not need the books if you have talked to markos after doing the citadel mission just head to sorrow’s cave and talk to ethan

1 Like

if that’s the case then that’s new with the citadel raid. The achievement name did change at some point so i guess it’s possible, but at the same time it’s a title supposed to be for searching for and finding stuff, which it kinda isn’t anymore if you just need to talk to markos then ethan.

1 Like

Not the case. I have done that but there is nobody in the cave. I also have rep 8 with all vendors

One issue I have encoutered is picking up all the books. Book 7 is currently unable to be picked up for some reason. A friend that had picked them up in the past week was there with me and also unable to pick it up. It’s stuck in the ground or something

I thought you can only talk to Ethan if you complete the first few steps of the horse mount quest (step 4?). Otherwise he doesn’t exist.

I now start to have a vague memory of a long discusion in the past about Ethan and the books. Was it that you need to do the books when you are at step 3 of the horse quest to spawn Ethan for step 4? Something like that…

ethan appears after picking up book 4

If you or anyone else wants to know the lore behind Ethan I will love to share

1 Like

Is that a typo? Should Gunter be hunter? If not what the heck does gunter mean?

It’s a reference to ready player one, “Gunter” is a contraction of “Egg Hunter”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.