Inflamed Sephotep and Hard Mode Problems

but now you can be bigger then the boss

I also don’t take issue with the low droprate of the +7s, the best equipment in the game should be rare. I agree that the “final boss” should be very much challenging. Punishing one-shot mechanics are fine with me.

But it shouldn’t be necessary for one tank to stun-lock their anti-heal stacks off. It shouldn’t be necessary for 60% of the party to not touch the boss at all whatsoever for the entirety of the fight to keep the chaos to a manageable level. With a mechanic that requires you to kill five adds in less than five seconds, it shouldn’t be necessary to single out a single add from the group over the duration of 3-5 spawn cycles to even be able to complete that.

While I enjoy the weekly raids, it’s mostly because of the people I am with. The fight is very tedious, and the strategy we are using at the moment to be able to consistently take the boss down most weeks can’t be intended in any way, shape or form. Even if all the bugs were fixed, this fight needs a rebalance badly.

3 Likes

i think every player in the game should have the best weapons in the game :slight_smile:

no.

i dont think that. not to put you down but like. no.

What also makes me mad, is that people have been raising issues since it came out with this boss fight. And I can’t recall a single time any dev or community manager (@Game_Master) has mentioned that they are looking into it, or even acknowledge the issue. This may just be yet another boss 4 post that will be ignored.

Meanwhile we get new dungeons. Which is great and all, but I would love if they worked on the boss 4 mechanics/investigate desync issues (zenith doesn’t seem to have desync problems)

I remember someone mentioning that they don’t get revenue from end game players. Just new ones buying the game. Which is why they don’t look into it. Do we need to take turns sitting at the graveyard outside highsteppe and tell all new players to quit and apply for refunds just to be taken seriously?

I would happily pay a monthly subscription for a better server fyi.

1 Like

ok in there defence this time they are not working
there was a post about his

70% with 10% not even entering combat at all

Its not necessary. Its the easiest route. Otherwise you need higher add dps and more coordination not getting killed by the balls with 2 tanks. Which was the intended thing from the devs. Same for all the other tricks… They were designed that the boss is basically more structurally reliable to kill than the devs intended by needing less reliably trained people able to survive all kinds of tricks/bugs. I guess that is my fault for making those ‘tricks’ -__-

(others not in combat for example was to ‘fix’ people dying from circles all the freaking time)

Interesting thought. If the first kills were done with the intended burn chaos of the devs, I think we would have stumbled on another problem. Extreme exclusivity. Because having one bad player in your team would mean not able to win. Which happened with old game raids alot. So either way, it would have slung into a bad thing. :confused:

3 Likes

I would also like to note, that, even if we were to do it as the devs intended, we would still have the problems with desyncing, ghostcasting, and orbs at (0, 0), among other bugs, so even if we were to assemble the game’s absolute best raid group and practice mechanics flawlessly, with no exploits, it would be heavily dependent on whether the game breaks or not. Scott even said, “having one bad player in your team would mean not able to win…” Well having a de-synced player is even worse than having a bad player, at least the bad player can actually do damage. As far as the game’s drop rate goes, I dont really care, as others have pointed out, it should be hard to get the best item in the game, but it should be hard to get because the game is hard, not because the game is broken.

1 Like

And for what its worth I actually like doing the boss. I like being a great boss dps, I like how we dodge circles and shoot down orbs, it’s fun to me, but you know what’s not fun? Looking at an orb flying my way as I ghost cast 4 fireballs in a row, or dying to a circle that I am clearly not in, or not recieving any bard heals, or not being able to cast any spells at all, or orbs phasing through the tank and boss dps and then hitting the portal killing everyone. That is not fun to me. But I love this game, I haven’t found a better game yet. (:

2 Likes

This not at all correct, here are some actual stats on the drop rates.

This is a silly claim, yes, they mostly get revenue from new players(there’s no subscription or anything after all). But that does not at all mean they don’t care about the long term players lol, if they didn’t, why would they even bother releasing new content that is catered to end-game?
There needs to be a population for new people to get interested and buy the game, so retaining players beyond just the 2 hour refund mark is in their best interest.

Before posting claims, please, do a little research and have something to back them up. These sorts of things spread rumors, which could have negative impacts on the game and subsequently everyone that enjoys playing it.

2 Likes

I agree that some people will help with loot drops, but that is not always the case. Most people in the game that kill boss 4 drop loot for themselves, its not uncommon to hear someone drop a +7 weapon for a class they have only played once when there is someone else in the same raid who uses a +6 and has been playing that class for a much much longer time, there are almost no groups in the game that require people to give up loot that they drop for others.

Don’t get me wrong, I think you’re awesome for making the raid accessible to more than the top 1% of end-game players. What I am saying is, bugs are maybe the main reason why the tricks and strategies were created, but a lot could be done to improve the consistency of the mechanics to incentivize doing the fight the intended way without making it easier. The randomness with the two circles on red phase is just a reset point for no reason, and the elite adds just feel to strong for a mechanic where the game wants you to kill many of them in a very short amount of time while also dealing with all the other things that are going on at the same time.

2 Likes

If they did care then wouldn’t then be addressing these issues? Or at least engaging with the community about them? If the devs can show me a video of them clearing the content they created without

I’ll concede the point about the drop rate. At 3% with consistent weekly clears it will still be 34 weeks to get one weapon. Which I would only be ok with if there weren’t issues/unforgiving mechanics.

I mean you need a mechanic for opening a portal. but the other mechanics like circles and orbs are less punishing than an elite pistoler running laps around the arena, which you need to kill, while dodging circles and shooting orbs.

having 60% of the party dealing with one mechanic. With 20% deal with the other 2 is unbalanced

I too think that Green is the worst offender.

Also, with a drop chance of 3%, most people only need 23 tries until you get a +7.

Edit: @Leon_M1 I’m not making another post because the loot math is off topic here. But it is true that you are also correct, that’s why I shouldn’t do math at 4am. Any person will need on average 34 tries to get a +7, but most people will have their +7 by try 23.

Pretty sure you guys just 9 manned boss 4 tonight. I desynced in the portal durn green phase and got stuck there then after they opened blue phase I popped back up dead in the boss 4 room bet no matter what I did I desynced within seconds of relogging/rebooting/resetting WiFi/and even connected to my phone. So as far as buggy…. Yeah….

Just redid the math using a loot box calculator properly rather than just eye balling it. I was correct at 34 attempts.

At 34 attempts with 3% drop rate there will be collectively, across 10 people, 10.171 +7 drops. Assuming that everyone shared double drops evenly it’d be one per person

Roughly 3 people wouldn’t get a single drop, 4 would get one drop. 2 would get 2 drops and 1 person would get 3 or more (heavily rounded numbers)

Working
1x0.3550x10 +
2x0.3733x10 +
3x0.1905x10 +
4x0.0628x10 +
5x0.0280x10

1 Like

I just want to say I have 30 kills plus and barely even get plus 6 let alone even a hope at plus 7. The content in this game continues to get harder and buggier for non existent rng rates or transmogs. Im so sick of transmogs i refused to do the new npc missions out of protest. @Jake_E please give us something in the way of hard mode issue responses as we have been basically begging for changes since the release. To be honest I’m losing interest fast due to shit rng and bugs ruining my experience…

2 Likes